Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Options

Comments

• dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    I too have ordered high street vouchers with park, please does anyone know if these are effected? I cant find anything out on their web page.
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • georgiasmum
    Options
    They are fine. i have Park vouchers too.
    THE LONG AND THE SLOW ROAD SEEM TO APPLY TO DEBTS AND DIETS... THE TWO THINGS I WANT TO SEE THE BACK OF...:D
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dlb wrote:
    I too have ordered high street vouchers with park, please does anyone know if these are effected? I cant find anything out on their web page.

should have nothing to worry about. Park are sound as far as i know, and remember! its FAREPAK thats gone bust not the voucher company.

so even if the voucher company you ordered from via Park went bust, Park themselves havnt and therefor you would just get alternatives.

this happened to my family earlier this year when choices vouchers went bust, and the company(i think it was family hampers)swapped all choices vouchers for the new "general" voucher.

hth
  • kzgirl
    kzgirl Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.hemscott.com/news/rna/item.do?newsId=36483600294326

I am a kleeneze agent and have read about this all day. Findel have bought the group of companies including kleeneze,IWWOT,kitbag,cabochun etc but not farepak! so looks good from my point of view, but any farepak customers/agents need to contact them to find where they stand. good luck x
  • lizzie12_2
    Options
    Yes same here susanmc!! We are all awaiting our vouchers etc - fingers crossed . We have not heard anything but am going to phone up in the morning. We paid ours via direct debit - wondered if we are covered!!!
    As been said before - think I will pay into a bank account for next year.
    Hope everyone gets some answers soon, let us all know......we may be joining you........
  • pintoflager1
    Options
    I too am an agent with £6000 worth of orders. please get in contact with any information when received maybe together we will have a bigger voice and be able to get people there money back.
  • Loop
    Loop Posts: 2,717 Forumite
    Options
    My mum saves with park, lucily, but I was in such a panick for her till I could reach her to check! I feel so sad for you all.

I live in Swindon, recon there will be alot in the local paper....anyone fancy gonig round there and giving them a good hiding? (joke)
    :wall:Crazy Nutters Club Member 003 :wall:
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    I get high street vouchers with a club called variety so are my voucers ok?
  • Frell
    Frell Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I get high street vouchers with a club called variety so are my voucers ok?

Yes unless they are a part of the company that owned farepak then its safe to say your ok.
  • ashley0611
    Options
    Another one gutted here - had over £2500 in total of vouchers - it was gutting having to tell family and friends this evening.
    Tin can banky - 3/4 full £1 and £2, Quidco January £19.49, Boots points 2543, Tesco Club Card 2763, Piggy Points 840
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure