PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hydrogen Peroxide - Where to buy?

I'm looking to buy some 3% hydrogen peroxide to remove a blood stain dried on leather... I went to the chemist to be told they don't sell it (it's a bomb making ingredient apparently so I'm guessing that's why)... I only want about half a thimble full - anybody any ideas where else sells it?
TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!

Comments

• oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    So that's all contact lens cleaner is - brill, thanks. I should be able to get a small bottle from the chemist that doesn't sell hydrogen peroxide lol.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Its bomb making equipment for terrorists

I have a whole big bottle
    from when I used to bleach my hair ,,will i get done lol
    I got it from a hairdressers warehouse

hope this helps

Kaat
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• I has a really painful mouth recently and was using hydrogen peroxide diluted as a mouthwash. I bought mine from my local independant chemist who had no qualms at all about selling it to me, perhaps because they have known me since I was a youngster.:confused:
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    It was a Boots I asked in. I know it's used in hair bleaching kits... and they use 30% or so... way stronger than I want to buy.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

• bitemebankers
    bitemebankers Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Stupid chemists. All this "war on terror" paranoia has gone way to far. Peroxide is useful for all sorts of things and is ideal when you need the cleaning/sanitizing effect of chlorine bleach but without the bleach smell.
    "There may be a legal obligation to obey, but there will be no moral obligation to obey. When it comes to history, it will be the people who broke the law for freedom that will be remembered and honoured." --Rt. Hon. Tony Benn
  • Apollonia
    Apollonia Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought a bottle recently from a Tesco pharmacy - it is a 3% solution suitable for use as a mild skin disinfectant, mouthwash or gargle.
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I buy mine in Boots but havent bought any for a while. Last time i bought some they did ask me what it was for though ........
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You could go in with the bloodstained item and ask if they would sell you enough to treat it in front of them. On the other hand...blood stained leather might freak them out even more, eh?
    Val.
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You could always ask your hairdresser for a wee bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure