Mortgages for people with bad credit

Hi all,

We are first time buyer look for a mortgages of £50,000 to buy our council house which we have lived in for 10 years.

Our credit score is not good but we in the process so paying off all of are debts, which total £2500, we now have the income to repay our debts and buy our home, as I was made jobless after the charity I work at suddenly closed down.

Are there any mortgages lenders which could help us?

Comments

• Jemima09
    Jemima09 Posts: 179
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I had a few old (satisfied) defaults when I got my mortgage 2 years ago. I ended up with Aldermore, they have a good policy on debts as long as they're over a certain age. Mine were all actually paid off though so I don't know where you stand with some still being active. Worth seeing a broker as they'll have more info on which options would be available.
    Debt Free and Very Very Proud! - DMP mutual support member 315
    Debts at May 09 (LBM) £20,675 : Dec 13 £ZERO!
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,661
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    I dot think Aldermore do Right to buy - unless their policy has changed.

There is not really enough information to go off, ignore your credit score. The important bit is the information in your credit report (ie what payments have you missed, how many, when etc). It would be worthwhile getting your credit report in to a Mortgage broker to take a look for you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I have out grown my home which l brought in 2010 an av had 3 children. I'm in need of a 3 bedroomed house also my credit score is low. Who can l go to, to get a mortgage for a new house. I feel your pain it is stressful trying to find someone
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm in need of a 3 bedroomed house also my credit score is low.

The second point has no bearing on the first. Or anything else.

What is on your credit files?
  • CD*_2
    CD*_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Yes.

Find yourself a good whole of market Mortgage Broker.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure