Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Blimey, Iresa on Twitter at 18:55! Perhaps overtime has been authorised. Either that or they're on holiday tomorrow...

Looks like it was because their website wasn't working (again).
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Looks like it was because their website wasn't working (again).

Was working ok for me at about 7.30pm last night (about 10 mins after the post you refer to was made)

Just checked again - still working ok :)
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    I received a quick and polite (stock) response acknowledging I was leaving. If only their backroom admin was generally as quick and efficient, I would have stayed with them because of their competitive tariffs.

Their continuous outages and extremely poor communication taken in conjunction with their ongoing Trustpilot reviews made me a tad too nervous, so I left after an eventful 3 months. I know that if they were to fold that Ofgem would ensure a replacement supplier, but that would have involved hassle and a probable far more uncompetitive tariff than I could arrange myself by getting out now. I could be wrong, but the runes don't bode well for Iresa. Reading the continuing and current negative comments on this thread and on Trustpilot appears to indicate they have not, and may not, get their act together before the SHTF. I only hope I can get clear before it all possibly blows!
  • My gas moved to Zog on 4th May and E.ON confirmed by email this morning that they plan to take over my electric on 1st June......always assuming they can get a response from these cowboys. :mad:

I've still not had the obligatory "Sorry you're leaving" email regarding my gas or the final bill although everything is showing correctly in the transactions section of my online account apart from the correct CV Value of course.

I will also have to keep a very close eye on the direct debit notification email from Iresa which is due in the next day or so.
  • icharus
    Just looked at very recent entries on Trustpilot, which makes me even more nervous!

Does anyone know what will happen if this company folds whilst transfer is in progress?

My 14 day cooling off won't expire until 24 May. Transfer date currently estimated to be 29 May.
  • icharus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what will happen if this company folds whilst transfer is in progress?

My 14 day cooling off won't expire until 24 May. Transfer date currently estimated to be 29 May.

The following is copied from https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business
    I’m already in the process of switching supplier and it’s not yet complete. Will my switch go through and is my credit balance protected?

You don’t need to worry. If it’s already in process, you will continue to be moved to the new supplier you have chosen. You don’t need to do anything. When your switch completes and the account with your old supplier is closed, you may be owed money if your account had built up credit with the old supplier. We'll look to appoint a supplier who will pay back money owed to you that's outstanding from a closed account.
  • icharus
    I note on Trustpilot that some former customers of Iresa are having significant problems getting their due refunds after leaving. They also have been unable to make contact through all modes of communication, ie telephone, e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook etc.

I have another d.d. due around 20 May and should be well in credit. I don't want to cancel the d.d. due to the legal contractual obligations, but I also do not want to have to chase up a refund for months, like ths on Trustpilot.

As leavers what can we do, if anything, to protect ourselves?
  • punamulta
    punamulta Posts: 193 Forumite
    I've just switched to NPower, phoned them , just out of 14 day cooling off period. Npower have told me the contract is now with them so if I cancel the DD it won't stop the switch. So I've stopped the IRESA DD.
    Only catch now might be they can't pay any refund to me but at least they can't take any more money.
    I haven't accrued a huge balance so will only be a few pounds adrift.
  • icharus wrote: »
    I have another d.d. due around 20 May and should be well in credit. I don't want to cancel the d.d. due to the legal contractual obligations, but I also do not want to have to chase up a refund for months, like ths on Trustpilot.

As leavers what can we do, if anything, to protect ourselves?

Have you received the email notifying that they're taking the direct debit on 20th May yet?

I reckon I should have a direct debit payment for the electric only due on 20th May but my gas transferred away on 4th May so I'm not expecting to pay anything for gas on 20th May.

If they take the direct debit for electric only on 20th May I will be slightly in credit for electric when I switch to EON on 1st June but owe them a similar amount the gas. These should hopefully just about cancel each other out.

I've also not had the sorry you're leaving emails for either gas or electric from Iresa yet and I'm still waiting for them to produce my final gas bill.

The only thing you can do to protect yourself is that once you're certain the final direct debits have been taken is to cancel them. Worst case scenario they can send your credit balance back to you by cheque or if you owe them they can send you a bill with instructions on how to pay it. My previous suppliers have always managed to refund any credit balance due direct to the bank even after I've cancelled the direct debit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure