Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
  • Strangely
    As a reminder !!! clue to the Linlithgow connection, the phone number listed above is for PPF Shipping of Linlithgow. An earlier scam from there seen here on MSE is here:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=25996645&postcount=63
    The directors of this business (Linpharma Ltd etc)are listed here because Linpharma Ltd is now PHYTOSCIENCE LTD. of Herkimer House Mill Road Industrial Estate, Linlithgow Bridge, Linlithgow, West Lothian EH49 7SF:
    bizzy.co.uk/uk/SC366336/ppf-shipping

You'll see that the directors are all in the same basic interlinked companies. Among them is Mr. Chris Swainson who pops up in this compaints board scam posting:
    complaintsboard.com/complaints/acai-berry-england-durham-c269580.html

It's the same sort of mixed bag of pseudo medical cosmetic kind of products. In this comment on an earlier scam on my website:
    strangelyperfect.tv/5146/more-on-google-profits-and-pacific-webworks/#comment-2418 you'll see the Linlithgow address along with a business called Trading Planet Ltd. This "business" distributed the scam products, much in the same way that PPF do now.

Trading Planet were forced to close over a year ago, but a contributor "Not Kevin" pointed out that they'd fired up again under a different name - see:
    strangelyperfect.tv/10387/trading-planet-ltd-running-again-after-legal-closedown/

So for all those affected by the desire to look like a photoshopped smooth-skinned picture - forget it. We all lose our looks; just don't lose cash fretting about it. If you are conned, just ask for a chargeback on your card. Don't muck about with these people.
    • SillyTurkey
    • By SillyTurkey 3rd Nov 11, 8:32 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    SillyTurkey
    As an immigration officer, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the older person Emily shown in the ads, is NOT the same person at the younger woman. Her ears are lower and her forehead is a different shape. It's a total con.
  • Chillout5892
    I can't believe I fell for it, but I did. I'm going to have to re-think my description of myself as an intelligent woman, because obviously... (put together, nasty ex boyfriend, 59th birthday coming up, need for a bit of a perk me up or make-over, a laptop, a debit card and too much time.....) I'm probably not.

I fell for this as well, but these companies are now using new names. Juveneu and ReLift XS. Your $5.95 for the Juveneu sample with turn into an additional $84.71 or whatever the sterling equivilant will be on your statement after a couple of weeks and the £4.95 for ReLift XS will incur an additional £89.90.

The bottom line is they are as professional as the scammers who work the boiler room stocks and shares scams. They are professional crims who outlay a lot of dosh to set up what look like professional companies, cause, it works.

I can't believe I was so stupid. I was reading the blurb that came with the Juveneu after I paid the $5.95 on October 10th, ( I know, I know...) and saw it was not safe to use if you have high blood pressure or kidney disease, I have both. I have phoned to cancel the order and told to expect a cancellation email. I've phoned twice, still not received a cancellation email, or any goods, although the trial payment did go through. I've notified my bank about this and they have sent me a Visa Purchase Dispute Form if they do take out further payments, which they have said they will refund, as I've done all I can to get out of this.

Didn't think I had done anything wrong until today when I was looking for reviews of the product, and began to smell a rat. ThenI found the same advert for the woman who took 25 years off her life but with different products Revita Derm and Perfect Radiance? I started Googling them, but couldn't find anything but rave reviews. Then I tried it googling the name of the products + complaints. Much of the same and then I came across this site. 'What out for the Scam Double Bluff'
    http://strangelyperfect.tv/3311/watch-out-for-the-scam-double-bluff/

I was wondering why I couldn't find any of these products for sale in a store, or even as used products on ebay. Then I googled the name of the products + scam and found....

http://www.scambook.com/group/reports/196/Juveneu

I can't believe I've been so stupid. I've ordered a new debit card. I hope that stops them, but I've been told, it may not. Lesson learned. Dummy.
    Chillout5892
    DMP PayPlan £17,652 @£100 pm > June 2027.
    Women don't mature.
    They either go hard or soft in the wrong places.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • Bootfair
    To the person wondering if they can get this wonderful cream in the shops. and the immigration officer who noted the before and after faces aren,t the same,, Scroll down their web page and it tells you the PEOPLE and the DEPICTIONS are not real.

They actually tell you the photos and stories are fake! You can't get more honest than that! Really sorry for all the people who got caught out. I did think it looked at bargain and nearly went for it, but seriously that picture of a mid life woman who suddenly looks 18 again. It made me search on the page for some clue, because you could not legally claim the cream did that if it did not. But they do not claim it does that. They claim the pictures and stories are fictitious to represent what some people say the cream does and that individual results will vary.
  • competitionscafe
    They actually tell you the photos and stories are fake! You can't get more honest than that!
    Originally posted by Bootfair
    In tiny small print at the bottom of the page (and some of the fake news sites do not even bother to put any disclaimer). Of course you can get much more honest than that - how about not constructing a fake news site with fake before/after pictures, fake testimonials - fake everything really - in the first place. Telling complete lies about everything and then admitting in small grey print at the very bottom that it's all a lie is not being honest!
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • competitionscafe
    I fell for this as well, but these companies are now using new names. Juveneu and ReLift XS. Your $5.95 for the Juveneu sample with turn into an additional $84.71 or whatever the sterling equivilant will be on your statement after a couple of weeks and the £4.95 for ReLift XS will incur an additional £89.90.
    Originally posted by Chillout5892
    There are already many complaints online about the Juveneu scam - these fly by night scam operators simply change the name of their websites and/or products every few months once the complaints really start piling up. Of course they hide behind domains by proxy as always: http://whois.domaintools.com/juveneu.com

Cancelling your debit card will probably not stop the payments being taken - best thing is to ask for a chargeback on charges already made and also to say that you have cancelled in writing and will contest any further charges as fraudulent.

Also fill in this complaint form as the FTC have taken action against other similar scams in the past - but they only usually act once they get a number of complaints: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?lang=en

Juveneu seems to be linked to this url: http://whois.domaintools.com/safetransactionpro.com
    which is owned by Kinetic Promotions Inc.
    5348 Vegas Drive, Las vegas, Nevada 89108, United States
    http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.advancedhealthoffers.com

They also use:
    Faria Group LLC
    5348 Vegas Drive #151
    Las Vegas, NV 89108
    Phone: 888.652.9239
    1 8668811138
    866 881 1138

However the owner appears to be a Darren M Mazur who lives in Florida: "Darren M Mazur is associated with Kinetic Promotions, Inc. and holds several roles such as Treasurer, Secretary and Director...and is located in Lake Mary, FL at 3630 Wimbledon Dr
    Lake Mary, FL 32746
    http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Lake-Mary/darren-m-mazur-P5485503.aspx
    http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Lake-Mary/kinetic-promotions-inc-6126786.aspx
    http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Lake-Mary/kinetic-promotions-inc-6126786.aspx

A reverse ip search shows all these domains on the same server:

15minutebody.com
    acaibodyshape.com
    acaimusclefuel.com
    acaimusclepro.com
    bewhealthyfromhome.com
    billing-faq.com
    brightandwhiteteeth.com
    coloncleanseopinions.com
    consumerdailytips.com
    fitbodycleansing.com
    getacaibodyshape.com
    getleanmusclex.com
    getmenpowerx.com
    getpheroxtreme.com
    getslimbodycleanse.com
    getsmartcolonflush.com
    hollywoodbrightpro.com
    hollywoodwhiteandbrite.com
    hollywoodwhitepro.com
    homecashacademy.com
    homecashinstitute.com
    homecashtactics.com
    homeincomeschool.com
    homejobfinders.com
    homejobfinders.net
    ioffersfree.com
    leanmuscleplus.com
    leanmuscleproducts.com
    leanmusclexpro.com
    leanmusclextra.com
    myhollywoodbrite.com
    myonlinecashacademy.com
    mysmartcolonflush.com
    newleanmusclex.com
    news32reports.com
    primehealthyproducts.com
    primelifeoffers.com
    puritydetox.com
    quickhomeincome.net
    resveralx.com
    resveratrol-opinions.com
    resveratrolxtraforce.com
    revitalisse.com
    rezvwellness.com
    safecompliant.com
    safetransactionpro.com
    slimbodycleansing.com
    smartcolonflush.com
    smartercoloncleanse.com
    vitalcolonflush.com
    whitenowpro.com
    juveneu.com

All the usual suspects are present - acai pills, colon cleanse, teeth whitening, resveratrol, work from home scams and fake news sites.
    Last edited by competitionscafe; 04-11-2011 at 2:16 AM.
    -- Author Unknown --
    • jtk174
    • By jtk174 4th Nov 11, 2:20 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    jtk174
    Nice work Competitionscafe!
    I am impressed and its quite interesting to see a list of their other sites all in one place.

Thanks for your effort.
  • Chillout5892
    To the person wondering if they can get this wonderful cream in the shops. and the immigration officer who noted the before and after faces aren,t the same,, Scroll down their web page and it tells you the PEOPLE and the DEPICTIONS are not real.

They actually tell you the photos and stories are fake! You can't get more honest than that! Really sorry for all the people who got caught out. I did think it looked at bargain and nearly went for it, but seriously that picture of a mid life woman who suddenly looks 18 again. It made me search on the page for some clue, because you could not legally claim the cream did that if it did not. But they do not claim it does that. They claim the pictures and stories are fictitious to represent what some people say the cream does and that individual results will vary.
    Originally posted by Bootfair
    Well I went back to the page to see if I missed these 'honest' declarations and some strange things are happening to the original magazine 'page'.

Times Inside News Report - The $5 Wrinkle Therapy That Has Doctors Fuming

1. I couldn't find any mention of pictures and stories as being fictitious.

2. It isn't the ezine page it sets itself up to be. Clicking on the tabs, 'home', 'money', 'world' etc doesn't take you anywhere.

3. Once I clicked on a tab which exposes it's a fake set-up, the story changed. A new ad appeared with new pictures and making stronger claims with new before and after pictures and a warning that the offer expires on 5th November. There's certainly no mention of artistic licence here.

http://www.juveneu.com/uk3/index.php?i=i&AFFID=12&C1=200052&C2=subid2&C3=r

So Bootfair, I was wondering... I can see you are new to this site, and we are politely asked to be especially nice to new posters. But, as you have just joined MSE, and this particular forum is on a rather obscure topic, and it's the only topic you have posted on, I have to ask, are you employed by, Juvenue or Kinetic Promotions or any other way connected to any of the companies listed by our friend Competition safe? What compelled you to log in and go to the trouble of setting up a profile to defend this company with identifying discalimers that cannot be found?

I can't believe I've got myself tangled up in such a malevolent outfit, and if questioning the authenticity of the ads on this forum has resulted in attracting their operatives trolling this site, that's just damn scary!
    Chillout5892
    Women don't mature.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • Chillout5892
    Well cant believe it but have a full refund on all products.Have reported debit card as lost and will now get a new one so no more debits from these rogues !!
    Originally posted by mpw1954
    Well done.

I'm scared. Cancelled by phone. Haven't received anything, still not received any cancellation email. Checking bank account daily, although have informed bank about what happened and have disputed visa transaction form ready to fill in if any further payments are taken.

I just don't know how long I have to wait until I know I'm in the clear. It's nerve racking.
    Chillout5892
    Women don't mature.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • gusso
    it happened to me, i just phoned up my bank, which the number is normally on the back of your card, i explained it to them, they put me through to the right people in the department, and they cancelled my bank card and are sending me out a new one, becuase the perfect radiance was a card purchase and not a direct debit they dont have ur account number only your card number, so by cancelling the card and getting a new one, this stops the payments going out, then you can ring up the mother !!!!*rs and give them a good talking to! there was no terms and conditions when i did it, it was a pop up and not from the actual website, they have took 4 lots of payments from me and it totals more then £300!!!! and i didnt even notice, i did think my money went pretty fast out from my bank lately and had to wait to get paid.....i havent even been recieving any products for this money! i recieved something today from them and thats what made me check my bank, i had a feeling.......good job aswel! !!!!!!!s!!!!
  • gusso
    i actually want to cry im sooooo stupid!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chillout5892
    i actually want to cry im sooooo stupid!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by gusso
    I know exactly how you feel because I feel exactly the same.

So far, I've only paid the p&p but as I live on incapacity benefit and DLA with a DMP of £100 pm, the thought of someone taking £80 out of my account, or even multiples of it has me walking around with tears building up in my eyes. I know I'll get the money back eventually from my bank but knowing all my DD ans SO will be knocked out like dominoes costing about £20 a time has me checking my bank account about every half an hour so if need be I can do some damage limitation.

I had a significant family bereavement in September, and I've created all this stress for myself, just because I wanted a bit of a cosmetic perk-up before my birthday in December. I'll be 59.

You would really think that by now, I'd have more sense. So you're not alone.
    Chillout5892
    Women don't mature.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • competitionscafe
    Well I went back to the page to see if I missed these 'honest' declarations and some strange things are happening to the original magazine 'page'.

Times Inside News Report - The $5 Wrinkle Therapy That Has Doctors Fuming
    A Whois lookup shows that website is owned by GMI Ltd with an address in Israel:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/consumerproductsdaily.co.uk

A bit of Googling shows that GMI Ltd = Guru Media (International) Limited - this website gives their name and address as:
    Guru Media
    Daniel Treisman
    Email: daniel@danielbenshalom.com
    Phone: 972 58 483 196
    http://www.facebook.com/treisman
    Guru Media, Jacob Markowitz
    Phone: 1-310-402-2779
    http://www.gurumedia.biz/company/
    and a list of their other websites (mostly lots of other fake news sites) at: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-672-2259
    -- Author Unknown --
  • competitionscafe
    I fell for this as well, but these companies are now using new names. Juveneu and ReLift XS.
    ReLift XS appears to have an address in Utah USA (aka US state capital of scams!)

ReLift XS LLC
    12278 S Lone Peak Parkway, Suite 106
    Draper, UT 84020
    That's probably just a mailbox/maildrop though as it seems to be used by several companies.

A reverse ip on one of their websites (reliftcs.com) shows a whole bunch of african mango slim and colon cleanse rubbish etc but also a website/company called: http://yknotholdings.com/ Yknot Holdings LLC in Salt Lake City Utah. Phone (800) 232-3821 / (801) 596-1111 / (801) 451-2617 Address: 12 E Joy Dr, Farmington, UT (from BBB).

The registered agent of Yknot Holdings LLC is named as a Kenneth W. Bell - which is very interesting as somebody with that exact same name and also from Salt Lake City Utah was CEO of a company called Pacific Webworks, which was sued by Google for promoting a work from home scam! One of their websites (emergencyfoodnow.com) which also has billing complaints is registered to Marc Bell who happens to be the son of Kenneth W. Bell and is also Director of Marketing at Pacific WebWorks.

http://strangelyperfect.tv/5146/more-on-google-profits-and-pacific-webworks/

http://www.google.co.uk/search?gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Pacific+WebWorks+scam

http://garwarner.blogspot.com/2009/12/google-jobs-scam-read-fine-print.html

Another US company is taking legal action against YKnot Holdings LLC for breach of contract and the list of defendants is: Kenneth W Bell, Robert Brett Bell, Christian R Larsen, YKnot Holdings, LLC, Six Marketing, LLC and Mark Bell - all names linked with the Pacific Webworks scam as they were also named in the Google lawsuit.
    Last edited by competitionscafe; 06-11-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    -- Author Unknown --
  • competitionscafe
    I would strongly recommend that anyone who has been scammed by any of the above companies fills in this FTC online complaint form:
    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?lang=en

The FTC can take legal action against companies using deceptive marketing practices and force them to refund victims. For example, they are currently taking legal action against other similar 'free trial' scams. However they usually only act once they receive a number of complaints so the more complaints they get the more likely they are to investigate. The online form only takes about 10 minutes to fill in and you can cut and paste any info from here to add to your complaint.
    -- Author Unknown --
  • meeshty
    Yes Lew, terms and conditions are all very well if they are clearly dispalyed on the website. But this company is a SCAM! They do not display T&C's clearly, at least not when I signed up. I checked the entire page and no T&C's stating subsequent payment would be taken from my account and this is the only reason that I went ahead with the trial. However I have come across a different site from the one that I used which does state T&C's. They must have numerous sites online.
  • meeshty
    Also, Lloyds TSB seem to be the most incompetent bank I have ever come across. My friend was the victim of the same scam and she banks with Natwest. Upon reporting it to them they ensured that the scammers no longer had access to her account and were not able to take anymore money out. They are also in the process of getting her money back. However, when I reported the exact same scam to Lloyds TSB they said that they weren't able to stop this company taking any more money out. I said so basically what you're telling me is that you are going to allow this company to take money out of my account whenever they like? And her repsonse, in amongst a load of legal jargon was that they could take they money but don't worry we will try to get it back! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! So basically my account is lying open to these fraudsters to take whatever they want whenever they want and Lloyds TSB aren't willing to do anything about it? And the worst thing is, Lloyds are well aware of these exact scammers, the woman on the phone knew about them and when I went in branch the lady at the desk said "oh yes we had another gentleman in about the same thing yesterday, a skincare product, it's a well known scam". Well why the hell isn't a fraud alert pulled up everytime this company tries to take money from people's account Lloyds?? I wonder if there is any action I can take against Lloyds TSB itself for allowing known fraudsters to access my account...

It's so easy to change banks these days, as soon as my wages, DD's etc sorted out I will be changing to another bank.
    Last edited by meeshty; 09-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.
  • Chillout5892
    There is no way about it, the actions of these companies that offer free trials and then swipe multiples of @£80 out of your account is totally reprehensible. I think I've got away with it, just paying the p&p and cancelled when I realised I couldn't use it for medical reasons, high BP and kidney disease. Wish I could have read that before I paid, however, I've cancelled my debit card, been in touch with Nationwide, got my visa purchase dispute form ready just in case.

But, I just can't stop wondering, for anyone who did get the products, did they work as well as claimed? Did you lose 20 years of ageing? Five? six months? It would be a real shame if the stuff worked but because of their greed it's lost all credibility. Seems a stroke of genius that the woman mixed 2 and got such brilliant results with samples. I can't find what the magic ingredients are so can't find them in other creams sold more conventionally. Can anyone help?
    Chillout5892
    Women don't mature.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • competitionscafe
    There is no way about it, the actions of these companies that offer free trials and then swipe multiples of @£80 out of your account is totally reprehensible.

But, I just can't stop wondering, for anyone who did get the products, did they work as well as claimed? Did you lose 20 years of ageing? Five? six months? It would be a real shame if the stuff worked but because of their greed it's lost all credibility. Seems a stroke of genius that the woman mixed 2 and got such brilliant results with samples. I can't find what the magic ingredients are so can't find them in other creams sold more conventionally. Can anyone help?
    There are no magic ingredients and everything on the fake news sites is just rubbish/lies made up by affiliate marketers to promote lead generation offers for scummy affiliate networks.

The combining 2 products thing is just so that they make twice as much money when you order both.

Here is how these scams work:

Affiliates of scummy affiliate networks make fake news sites (fake testimonials, fake story, fake everything) - these fake news sites are all over the web:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/06/fake_news
    http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/04/fakenews.shtm
    http://www.technewsworld.com/story/73298.html

For every "free trial" order, the affiliates get paid a commission of up to $40 by the scam company. The affiliate network acts as a middleman and gets a cut too. So say $35 to the affiliate and $10 to the network = $45.

Examples of scammy affiliate companies promoting these products:
    Hydroxatone
    Juveneu
    Perfect Radiance

So it can only ever be a scam because just to to break even, the scam company has to make at least $45 from every free trial. In reality they charge the victim around $80 for each "free trial" so after paying the affiliate and affiliate network, they are left with about half that as profit: $35 to $40 . Then they still have to refund a few customers who complain enough to get their banks to force a refund (chargebacks etc).

So all 3 parties in these scams make a nice profit and the consumer loses out. The scam company (selling the product) simply changes the product name once the complaints get too high and starts again with another website and product name. Rinse and repeat.

The affiliates know it's a scam, the affiliate networks know it's a scam and the scam company obviously knows it's a scam.

One company doing this allegedly made nearly half a billion dollars ( $450 million) from free trial scams: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/05/jessewillms.shtm

The affiliates and affiliate companies who promoted the scam offers would probably have made as much again. So that's nearly 1 billion dollars just from the various "free trial" offers of one company! (They changed products, company names, product names and websites several times as complaints mounted up).

If the stuff really worked these companies would not offer hit and run/ fly by night websites aimed at conning people into buying. They would create one brand name and website and offer genuine free (or low cost) samples, knowing that people would willingly come back and order more and recommend the product to others. If it worked of course. But these products don't work, so they don't do that, they just scam people instead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-36941329/nations-top-scam-free-trial-offer/?!!!!!mwuser

http://strangelyperfect.tv/6568/dangerous-effectivecleanse-and-scams-too/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNdPOfddjE
    Last edited by competitionscafe; 11-11-2011 at 4:58 PM.
    -- Author Unknown --
  • catnap2
    Please Please Report This To Action Fraud
    I have been caught out to and feel so stupid! Received my credit card statement yesterday and they have taken £370. My credit card company have said that they will stop any future payments. I have contacted Revita Derm on 0808 1683685, and cancelled subscription. I think as with others they will try and continue to take my money!

Please report this to Action Fraud. If like me, not only have they taken your money, but have not sent you the subsequent products as well, this is fraud as you have not received what you have paid for. You will get some support and advice from them and a Crime Reference Number which will help you to get your money refunded from your bank or credit card. Their number is 0300 1232040.

This company has a uk address but is worldwide and I think it is run from Cypress. They have used the 'pay for postage only, free trial' tactic whilst entering you unwittengly into a subscription on many different products (usually health and beauty), for many years.

Good luck all in getting your money back!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

633Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin