New Kaupthing CHAPS/BACS Transfers discussion - Friday 24th October

Comments

• mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Phoned the new helpline, registered my details. You then get the message that it has been passed to a supervisor and they will phone you back Monday at the latest. Standard spiel but at least feel as though better to do than doing nothing.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Stonehands wrote: »
    I seem to be checking my account every 10 mins now.. its doing my head it... :confused:

I was not that stressed about this three weeks ago, but the trickle of payments to people, has started making me more and more worried that my money is 'lost' sigh..

We were all sitting here a few days ago exactly like this and at about 3-3:30pm all hell broke loose when money came pouring in. Go down the pub, have a nice lunch and check back later.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My fixed rate bond has been broken but has not even left my account yet.

How can they claim that today will be the day?
    Same here Chloe - maybe the penny will drop that expectations are being managed - we aren't getting the whole truth here. It won't be today for you and me ....see my earlier post.
  • Originally Posted by ChloeRadshaw viewpost.gif

Hoe can they claim that today will be the day?

Hi ChloeRadshaw did you know that now your fixed rate bond has broken, you now have to transfer by bacs/chaps to your linked bank .
    Mine was sitting there but KE informed me that is what has to be done.
    I waited over 2 weeks for it to be broken, it then sat there with my money in my savings account.
    It will not go unless you do a bacs/chaps transfer is my understanding , good luck.
  • Originally Posted by ChloeRadshaw viewpost.gif

Hoe can they claim that today will be the day?

Hi ChloeRadshaw did you know that now your fixed rate bond has broken, you now have to transfer by bacs/chaps to your linked bank .
    Mine was sitting there but KE informed me that is what has to be done.
    I waited over 2 weeks for it to be broken, it then sat there with my money in my savings account.
    It will not go unless you do a bacs/chaps transfer is my understanding , good luck.

The advice from ING is NOT to initiate any CHAPS transfers at this time - Better use BACS
    Non illigitamus carborundum!!
  • kja509
    kja509 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I have got the following spiel from the dedicated helpdesk

she took all my details and said there was still time today for the money to show up but she will pass my details to their banking dept to advise my chaps has been 'lost'.

Obviously when the money doesnt show up later today - it will now be monday before i can do anything. I actually am already an ING customer and have been for years. I have a 6 month bond which matures next week - Hmmm do you think i will be keeping it with ING?
  • Have also called the helpline and was fobbed off with the usual rubbish 'you just have to wait until close of business today'. The individual I spoke to had no knowledge of the latest update above and wasn't initially prepared to chase my money. He eventually agreed to pass details on to a supervisor, but as I have failed to have any of the 3 promised callbacks from a supervisor in the last 2 weeks, I couldn't see the point.

I have checked the destination account details (2 weeks ago) and Lloyds TSB accept CHAPS. What now?

Instant access account, CHAPS requested 6th October. left KE 8th October. Still no money.
  • Phoned the number, asked for a personal investigation, guy I spoke to said it could not be done. I told him about the latest info and he said it was the first he had heard of it.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • The advice from ING is NOT to initiate any CHAPS transfers at this time - Better use BACS

YES SORRY KE DID SAY CHAPS WOULD TAKE 3 DAYS SAME AS BACS, THANKS AGAIN ONTHERUN
  • Ippylady
    Ippylady Posts: 390 Forumite
    Have also called the helpline and was fobbed off with the usual rubbish 'you just have to wait until close of business today'. The individual I spoke to had no knowledge of the latest update above and wasn't initially prepared to chase my money. He eventually agreed to pass details on to a supervisor, but as I have failed to have any of the 3 promised callbacks from a supervisor in the last 2 weeks, I couldn't see the point.

I have checked the destination account details (2 weeks ago) and Lloyds TSB accept CHAPS. What now?

I have emailed Alastair Hemmings @ ING, Working lunch, Jeremy Vine @ BBC2, basically anyone who might just highlight our plight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure