Trench Lane Car Boot Sale - Bristol

Morning all -

I'm going to be doing the Trench Lane Car Boot sale this Sunday (2nd August). Has anyone done a sale at this location and if so was it any good? What time does it start and what's the best time to get there?

We'll be selling some electrical items, clothing, books etc and all the money we make is going towards spending money for our holiday.

I was driving through Portishead and saw that there was a Boot sale opposite Gordano school this Sunday. Out of the two locations which would you recommend?

Comments

• tyzer2001
    tyzer2001 Posts: 545 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2009 at 8:47AM
    Re: Trench Lane - i've never done a boot sale there, but I do visit it regularly. It's very big and on a fine day it's massively popular. It's a morning one, I'm not sure what time the sellers go in but I can find out and let you know later. It does get cancelled if we have too much rain though, as the field is very bumpy and gets waterlogged.

No knowledge of the Portishead one, but can recommend the Whitchurch Sat afternoon one , it's the best for miles around.
    No, Mr A, that is NOT 'Great news'!!:D

Wombling totals: Oct = £243.32 - £93.32 over target!
    Nov Wombling Tally: £27.36 so far... behind target :(
  • fruit-loop
    fruit-loop Posts: 237 Forumite
    I have done trench lane as a seller a few times and done well, I would get there for 7-8 am ish.

I go most Sundays as a buyer too and its usually really big and very popular.
  • rugby6ft8
    rugby6ft8 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'll mention the Whitchurch one to my mate, it could be good to go to that one too. I've got a decent lawn mower, strimmer and hedge cutter that i'm going to sell, along with some household goods. What do you reckon to ask? They are all good makes and hardly used. i'll start high and come down, defo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure