PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning Induction Hob Discolouring

Options
I recently rented an apartment with an induction hob for a couple of months. We used the kitchen on a daily basis, and it appears that a number of marks have appeared on one of the glass burners. The landowner is not pleased and is asking us to replace the whole induction hob, which is very expensive. We had never used an induction hob before, and although we did not do anything intentional or obvious to ruin the aesthetics of the hob, there is no doubt that the hob does not look the same any more. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas for what we could do to fix this without having to negotiate replacing the whole thing?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Comments

• RADDERS
    RADDERS Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried using Stella ceramic hob cleaner, it polishes mine up lovely even when I boil over the pans. Mine is a black hob and still looks like new and it is 8 years old.
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 October 2015 at 9:29PM
    Options
    Try Bar keepers Friend.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BLKGJ2G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I tried this on a hob used by a tenant for about five years. With a lot of elbow grease it looks like new.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hob bright works really well

I rub it on and off with kitchen towel
  • honeythewitch
    Options
    I used a brillo pad on mine. I know you are not supposed to, but nothing else would shift it.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Hob bright works really well

I rub it on and off with kitchen towel

Yes, Hob Brite is good stuff
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Mschappie
    Options
    I use Easy-Do hob care when the hob has burnt on residue. It's a powder and you make it into a paste and rub in with kitchen towel. I also use Hob Brite most days. The hob comes up like new with both.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Michael_May
    Options
    Duraglit only when cold takes off all marks that look like a stain in the glass.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Another vote for bar keeper's friend. I got some in Home base for £2.21 the other day for the first time, and have just used it on a really stubborn stain which happened the first time I used my hob and wouldn't shift. It is now sparkling after rubbing for about a minute.
    I am now a convert to this stuff. Used it on a really, really burnt pan yesterday and it was like new after a but of a scrub.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport