KFC Vent

Don't go often but went yesterday. Nice pic of boneless feast tempted me...https://www.kfc.co.uk/our-food/for-sharing/deluxe-boneless-feast but as I was on my own got a 3 piece boneless meal.
When I got home I realised the pieces of chicken were very tiny strips, nothing like the pic. even though they had the same name. Plus I had paid for a meal with strips and dips but there were no dips in my bag.
Won't be back soon.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 3:28PM
    Yup. The last time I was in a KFC a few weeks back, the boneless meal was pretty miserable, just adequate for the two kids but not for the OH - she ended up having one of my three bits of traditional chicken, which were just what you would have expected - stick to the core products there! :)
  • Muppet food!
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    I like the KFC food. The chicken is normally fresh, tasty and of good quality.

My problem is with the inability of their staff to correctly fulfil take away orders so that there are often items missing (usually sides) or when you order beans and they forget to put in a spoon (ok if you are taking the food home - not ok if you are planning to eat it in the car or park etc) or when the pot containing the side of beans or gravy is half empty or when they make petty problems such as when you buy a bargain bucket that comes with 2 large sides and you say can I please have 4 small sides because the children fight if they have to share the same large side or I am going to share my side with a friend/colleague and we prefer not to have to eat from the same tub etc and the staff say NO.

You are correct when you say that the boneless meal contains 3 strips but they are not that small!
    As to the dips, you are correct. Spend lots and ask for a dip without paying 20p and you will be told NO - 20p. Buy a meal such as the boneless meal which includes 2 dips and you will NEVER be given them. Usually if you ask for bbq they will try to give you the free sachets if you don't insist on having the 'other sort that I have paid for' which do actually taste better than the free sachets. They are not the same.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think the Im the only person in the world who doesn't like kfc. When I've tried it it just tastes greasy -yuk.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hollydays wrote: »
    I think the Im the only person in the world who doesn't like kfc. When I've tried it it just tastes greasy -yuk.

I don't like it either, it's way too salty for me.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Never been in. I find the greasy smell emanating from my local branch too off putting.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Also they have a serious lack of Chicken breast and if you request this they give you the most evil look because they just want to fob you off with drumsticks!

However, the staff most probably have to deal with loads of orders with very impatient customers so mistakes will often happen after all they are only human.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    hollydays wrote: »
    Oh, I don't think so, I think you will find there are at least two of us!!
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    My experiences of KFC.

All the chicken products have got smaller in size over the years, especially the traditional chicken pieces. Think about how they were in the late nineties/early two thousands for reference. It was almost worth the money back then.

Just because they have to deal with impatient customers doesn't mean patient ones should suffer.

The portions of fries have got a lot more stingey too. When you used to order to go large that's what you got.

Sides and dips missing seems par for the course. If I ever use drive thru I or my passenger always check it over before leaving.

To digress, the McDonald's I've been too you can't ask for no ice anymore. The machines automatically dispense with the drink. Always handing back milkshakes and slushys to ask them to be filled to the line/the top.

Are staff specifically trained to dish out stingey portions and hope that customers will be lackadaisical enough not to challenge it?
  • ARandomMiser
    ARandomMiser Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    I don't often use KFC but do enjoy it once in a while. I must live near a good one because the only complaints I have ever had are
    - once the chips were cold - they replaced them without question
    - they are forever running out of sweetcorn
    IITYYHTBMAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills