energyplus Argos by Scottish Hydro

Smiley_Mum
Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
Received in the mail this morning a mailshot from Scottish Hydro Board informing me that they will no longer be issuing Premier Points for the electricity that I use. They have now introduced energyplus Argos which gives you 10 Argos points for every £1 you spend on electricity. 500 points gets you 10% discount at Argos or Homebase or £1 off your purchase if you take cash, woopee!! So, you spend for £50 on the new system you get 10% discount or £1 compared to £18 on the old system.

As for the energyplus Argos website, check it out:-

https://www.energyplusArgos.co.uk

It doesn't work, type it into the address bar, doesnt work. Type it into search engine, doesn't work. Oh well...

Anyone else had any joy with it?
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• I have received a similar letter today,10th December 2007,almost THREE YEARS later! The website address STILL does not work,and googling has ended me up on the MSE site.In fact,I never managed to sign into the Argos section of the Southern Electric site,and their e-mail advice was to phone a premium rate number for information about how to log in,when the fault was of their making.Are there any Southern Electric employees about who can advise on this shambles without us paying for phone calls for the required information?
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Site is working fine.
  • Well I have had exactly the same problems logging in to that site. I was prompted to do this after receiving my new points card recently.....it's so awkward to use I'd forgotten i even had such a card! Ooh extra help with Christmas I thought.... I tried to register/log in with my new card as instructed and had no joy...rang the telephone alternative ...no joy; it says there is no such card.....anyone actually managed to do what it says it should?? :mad:
  • I was able to use the link - found out I had earned a whopping £1 to spend!!:rolleyes:
  • Finally! After many many attempts I got the site to accept my card details...and having not redeemed any points for at least 2 years, I have £8.40 to redeem. I suspect that I spent this on the 0870 phone number on my futile attempts to sort this out! Thanks Argos. Thanks Southern Electric. I'm with nPower now anyway............:cool:
  • badmumof1
    badmumof1 Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    ive just found out that all my points i have accumilated over the years i have been with southern electric have expired !!!
    thanks for telling you southern electric
    If You See Someone Without A Smile......
    Give Them One Of Yours
  • this is the hardest scheme that any company has set up to redeem
    and all the time they make money when u call them
    my advice for wot its worth just get the cheapest deal and steer clear of gimmicks like this i supposed to have money on the card but argos staff have no idea wot its all about:confused:
  • erb
    erb Posts: 547
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Smiley_Mum wrote: »
    Received in the mail this morning a mailshot from Scottish Hydro Board informing me that they will no longer be issuing Premier Points for the electricity that I use. They have now introduced energyplus Argos which gives you 10 Argos points for every £1 you spend on electricity. 500 points gets you 10% discount at Argos or Homebase or £1 off your purchase if you take cash, woopee!! So, you spend for £50 on the new system you get 10% discount or £1 compared to £18 on the old system.

As for the energyplus Argos website, check it out:-

www.energyplusArgos.co.uk

It doesn't work, type it into the address bar, doesnt work. Type it into search engine, doesn't work. Oh well...

Anyone else had any joy with it?

The correct link is https://www.abshive.co.uk/w-indigo/index.asp?item=sse
    Points expire after 12 months as per the terms and conditions.
    Regards
    erb :)
  • andyox
    andyox Posts: 23 Forumite
    Very poor IMO. HAving not attempted to access my points for a year I got no joy from the website. Rang them and was told all the cards etc have been re-issued. Just received the new card - userID does not work with postcode to retrieve any password. Still not working, and from the comments above - probably not worth the effort of bothering with.

Time to phone Southern Electric though - just to say how thoroughly unimpressed I am.
  • hyposmurf
    hyposmurf Posts: 575 Forumite
    Card didnt work so ordered new one.New one came through post with new number on,but still doenst work.What a load of crap,even trying th password reminder it doenst recognise my number.Pathetic!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure