Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I should have stuck with an ebay seller that I have used a lot. They are really efficient and honest
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/biggerjugscouk

re that online brewing co, try a asking your bank to do a chargeback. Mine does one for any amount if the goods are not delivered or are faulty (smile bank). I got my money back promptly
  • I've looked at them before... then I got sucked in by the deals by OHC. I'll try them next time - thanks for the recommendation. I'll see if I can get a chargeback also :)
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm having the same problems as described here thanks to kittie for pointing me in the direction of this thread.
    I think I will sit tight and hope it arrives (ordered jan 10th)
    Surely if they were really taking money and NOT delivering trading standards would have stepped in?
    Or am I stupid -don't answer that :embarasse
  • Same boat here,Placed an order on the 16th Jan with all items showing in stock with est dispatch 24hrs,Great i thought.
    Once you have paid then things start to go downhill,your account shows some of you items are out of stock even though their website still show in stock hmmm strange that.Anyway I then got an estimated dispatch date of 21st Jan so I thought okay,Then the date moved to the 26th Jan with items now in transit from main warehouse.With no phone number they are impossible to contact as their email system is nothing short of a joke ,with replies like"we have passed your query on to the appropriate person".
    Next up my date moved again to 4th Feb and again to the 9th feb with my account now showing estimated dispatch for tomorrow(i'm not holding my breath).
    I also joined their forum and asked a simple question about if other people were waiting on orders,and got duly banned lol.For some reason there forum is not to be used to ask such questions you have to use the main website for which you never get replies.
    Oh and trustpilot how can they be allowed to continue when you can't even post on there about what an awful company they are,I think you have to get a code from theonlinebrewcompany to be able to post,so any reviews you read on trustpilot regarding them, BEWARE they must be filtered to only allow positive feedback (although there are some neg one's on there,must have slipped through the net).
    I have even posted on their facebook page nothing to negative but yes that's been removed.

A quote from their the online forum regarding the amount of people that must be asking them the same question" Stock on the shelf at the time you place your order is not important to us..." kind of speaks for itself.

Maybe someone could organise a petition or something for trading standards,I am tempted to just drive down there and demand what I have paid for..

I wish trading standards would look in to this shoddy company,as they really are making false claims ie showing items in stock when they actually do not have them.

I could go on all day as to how frustrating this company is but i won't.

I ordered stuff from my usual place last week on Weds and boom at my door by Friday,now that's how online buying should be.

So please do not get taken in by their weekly promotions as chances are if you do ever get your order it won't be any time soon.
  • I'm just wondering why nearly all of the complaints are from Newbies, makes me think someone has something personal against this company.......................................
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • Beamer525
    Beamer525 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2012 at 5:11PM
    I'm just wondering why nearly all of the complaints are from Newbies, makes me think someone has something personal against this company.......................................

Strange post unless you have some affiliation to this company ,almost as strange as all the positive reviews on trustpilot are from Newbies :eek:.Only 3 complaints from newbies here,hardly nearly all is it?

Would you not have something personal against a company if they took your money and delivered nothing?

Why don't you order something and find out for yourself first hand.
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not a newbie and as posted before am having the same problems.
    Ordered 10th Jan ,payment taken several dispatch dates given ,as they near they are changed.
    I had a look at their facebook page and some of the "friends" don't seem very active.
    I have been ordering from them for well over a year and to begin with they were ok,they even had a phone number,which when I phoned to query something they weren't very helpful but did complete the order.
    Do you think they are going out of business ? and just grabbing cash ?
    I'm not sure what to do next:(
  • Beamer525
    Beamer525 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2012 at 4:54PM
    and just grabbing cash ?
    I'm not sure what to do next

Grabbing cash ,I think that's the idea,otherwise if they were half decent they would try to make proper contact with customers...instead of unanswered automated emails...

Good luck

ps I order stuff from China that is in transit for a shorter period than this lots goods,god knows where it is in transit from,maybe the moon........
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    I'm just wondering why nearly all of the complaints are from Newbies, makes me think someone has something personal against this company.......................................

It's because MSE comes up high on Google searches so people who had bad service from this company (or any other) will follow the link to here. A lot of those people will be new posters.
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Beamer525 wrote: »
    Same boat here,Placed an order on the 16th Jan with all items showing in stock with est dispatch 24hrs,Great i thought.
    Once you have paid then things start to go downhill,your account shows some of you items are out of stock even though their website still show in stock hmmm strange that.Anyway I then got an estimated dispatch date of 21st Jan so I thought okay,Then the date moved to the 26th Jan with items now in transit from main warehouse.With no phone number they are impossible to contact as their email system is nothing short of a joke ,with replies like"we have passed your query on to the appropriate person".
    Next up my date moved again to 4th Feb and again to the 9th feb with my account now showing estimated dispatch for tomorrow(i'm not holding my breath).
    I also joined their forum and asked a simple question about if other people were waiting on orders,and got duly banned lol.For some reason there forum is not to be used to ask such questions you have to use the main website for which you never get replies.
    Oh and trustpilot how can they be allowed to continue when you can't even post on there about what an awful company they are,I think you have to get a code from theonlinebrewcompany to be able to post,so any reviews you read on trustpilot regarding them, BEWARE they must be filtered to only allow positive feedback (although there are some neg one's on there,must have slipped through the net).
    I have even posted on their facebook page nothing to negative but yes that's been removed.

A quote from their the online forum regarding the amount of people that must be asking them the same question" Stock on the shelf at the time you place your order is not important to us..." kind of speaks for itself.

Maybe someone could organise a petition or something for trading standards,I am tempted to just drive down there and demand what I have paid for..

I wish trading standards would look in to this shoddy company,as they really are making false claims ie showing items in stock when they actually do not have them.

I could go on all day as to how frustrating this company is but i won't.

I ordered stuff from my usual place last week on Weds and boom at my door by Friday,now that's how online buying should be.

So please do not get taken in by their weekly promotions as chances are if you do ever get your order it won't be any time soon.

Trustpilot are completely untrustworthy because they allow companies to vet reviews in return for a fee.

Trustpilot have already been caught out for allowing fake reviews for iFlorist.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/29/iflorist_reviews/

That was 2 years ago but Trustpilot are still happy to accept fake reviews and delete any that are critical.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure