Refund of delivery costs?

124»

Comments

• The OP is the reason why this country is going downhill, there is literally no good faith from customers now, all they care about is what the law says or scanning T&C's looking for reasons to make demands.

I hope the OP gets there £3.95 so they can feel great about themselves.

Feel like a broken record now.

It seems some people are interpreting my original post incorrectly. I am not complaining about shoddy treatment, I am not on a crusade to get every last penny I can from Land's End. I have not and will not be contacting them to demand any of the £3.95 back.

I was trying to understand why I was not refunded the delivery cost (£3.95 in this case) automatically as this is what usually happens when I return an order to an online retailer. Some of the respondents have helpfully directed me to the answer. That's all I was looking for. Next time (if there is a next time) I'll endeavour to return the items much quicker.

As an aside can I ask if some of the posters on here are retailers rather than consumers as I sense some sort of underlying frustration has been unleashed by what I thought was a fairly straightforward factual query.
  • Emily1975 wrote: »
    As an aside can I ask if some of the posters on here are retailers rather than consumers as I sense some sort of underlying frustration has been unleashed by what I thought was a fairly straightforward factual query.
    There is no obligation here for posters to be simple consumers themselves or for them to automatically side with the consumer. Whether they are "retailers" is entirely their own concern. As long as the information and advice is accurate, they are allowed to voice their opinion, just as you are.

Just for the record, I'm not what you would class as a retailer... :)
  • Sorry - wasn't trying to imply anyone's point of view is invalid or not allowed here - I would actually expect a retailer would be more likely to give an informed answer. It's just I couldn't understand why my "is this refund correct or isn't it" question was met with such ire unless those respondents had some sort of axe to grind on the matter.

Fair enough if I had said "Land's End are ripping me off, where's my £3.95, I'm entitled to my money back", but I didn't.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Emily1975 wrote: »
    Sorry - wasn't trying to imply anyone's point of view is invalid or not allowed here - I would actually expect a retailer would be more likely to give an informed answer. It's just I couldn't understand why my "is this refund correct or isn't it" question was met with such ire unless those respondents had some sort of axe to grind on the matter.

Fair enough if I had said "Land's End are ripping me off, where's my £3.95, I'm entitled to my money back", but I didn't.

You would be surprised. There are many many retailers who are completely unaware or avoid trading within legislation. Some of them are very big High Street names.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure