Revolut pre-paid Mastercard

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2015 at 10:42PM
    Sorry, previous post is too long to quote.

In-app support? I'm using Android and support is stuck in the same message every day, "We're away right now but you may find the answer here ..."

Card delivery? Dates for Issued still the same at 29 Nov and Posted still the same at 03 Dec (doubtful) but the Expected date has changed from 10 Dec to 31 Dec.

Verify my identity still shown as Processing which is stated to take around 15 minutes now 5 days.

I've loaded a minimum amount of GBP and converted it to EUR but no more until I get some indication that Revolut is shall we say, above board and my alarm bells stop ringing. Come January I'll be off to Cap D'Agde and it's doubtful that Revolut will be going with me.

Judging from my experience so far I'd say exercise caution.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Sorry, previous post is too long to quote.
    As an aside, why would you want to quote the post just above yours? It's just above yours, we can read it there.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • I signed up on the 28th, loved the app. Like the way it is designed and the ease of it.

Card was listed as being posted on the 30th November, with an expected arrival of 8th December. On the 2nd, I messaged the in app-support asking why my card was not checked as posted, and was told the request for a card had been passed onto the relevant people and that it would arrive by the 8th. Later that day, I required help to verify my identity (it seems noone is able to verify without having to email pictures of IDs/faces to support - a very hamfisted way of doing it, I think??)

Today, I was thumbing through the app again - and noted that the expected posting date of my card is now December 25th - with an expected arrival of 27th JANUARY!?!?! I leave on the 26th December!!

In app support have offered an emergency card - but to be honest, I am not interested. Lost faith in the system, maybe I am just too nervous - I've never had a prepaid card before.

Currently talking to in app support about closing the card. Really disappointed as there as some cracking experiences written about this card!!
  • Anthorn
    CRT86 wrote: »
    I signed up on the 28th, loved the app. Like the way it is designed and the ease of it.

Card was listed as being posted on the 30th November, with an expected arrival of 8th December. On the 2nd, I messaged the in app-support asking why my card was not checked as posted, and was told the request for a card had been passed onto the relevant people and that it would arrive by the 8th. Later that day, I required help to verify my identity (it seems noone is able to verify without having to email pictures of IDs/faces to support - a very hamfisted way of doing it, I think??)

Today, I was thumbing through the app again - and noted that the expected posting date of my card is now December 25th - with an expected arrival of 27th JANUARY!?!?! I leave on the 26th December!!

In app support have offered an emergency card - but to be honest, I am not interested. Lost faith in the system, maybe I am just too nervous - I've never had a prepaid card before.

Currently talking to in app support about closing the card. Really disappointed as there as some cracking experiences written about this card!!

Confirm card dates: Mine has changed again. Now I have Issued 29 Nov, Posted 25 Dec, Expected 27 Jan. I wonder if everyone has the same dates?

This in-app support or rather the lack of it is starting to annoy me now.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Interesting. I'll make a note to transact only during the week days with this card, for now. Fortunately, I have alternatives.
    Likewise. The Revolut rates appear to drop away from mid-market at midnight GMT tonight (Friday night).
    Evolution, not revolution
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    CRT86 wrote: »

Confirm card dates: Mine has changed again. Now I have Issued 29 Nov, Posted 25 Dec, Expected 27 Jan. I wonder if everyone has the same dates?
    As I understand it, the physical card is directly ordered from and supplied by the card manufacturer (apart from a stock of nameless 'emergency' cards in the Revolut office). So I am guessing that the ever increasing demand and the vagaries of the Christmas period mail is causing some delay and making the in-app delivery forecasting system haywire. Therefore best to ignore it and hope your cards arrive sooner rather than later, but it's effectively outside Revolut's control. If they are offering emergency cards without charge, and I think they began using next-day courier service, why not take one? They work just fine, and you will have the novelty of a 'nameless' MasterCard..!
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Anthorn
    edited 5 December 2015 at 7:54AM
    Let's put it into perspective: Sign up and you're likely to get the card two months later but there are no guarantees. More perspective: Probably not serious for most travellers except those of us who escape the worst of the British winter. Yet more perspective: How many people are actually loading a card which they don't have in hand? That last bit is important and if there are only minimum funds incoming and therefore only minimum transactions how long can it last?
  • Ugh - frustrating! I spoke to in-app support last night. They advised me to move my money out from the app before closing - they said they could terminate for me (not sure on the process). They wanted me to make sure it had cleared into my bank account first.

Now, I have gone into the app after reading today's posts and the card is listed as having being posted - although it is listed as Dec 24th post date now, the box is checked off. Expected arrival is Dec 30th. I am assuming that if it HAS been posted, I'll get it next week. I assume this was a tactic to keep me from cancelling?
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Let's put it into perspective: Sign up and you're likely to get the card two months later but there are no guarantees. More perspective: Probably not serious for most travellers except those of us who escape the worst of the British winter. Yet more perspective: How many people are actually loading a card which they don't have in hand? That last bit is important and if there are only minimum funds incoming and therefore only minimum transactions how long can it last?

Looking at the style of your posts of the posts on this forum, I think that you might have a few issues of your own.
    Let's put it into perspective shall we?
    One has access to virtual card as soon as the account is opened. One can withdraw and/or transfer their funds at any time. There are no charges for you to do either of these things. They will happily send you out an emergency card if there is a delay to normal card delivery.
    Personally,I think it best that you cash out and close your account, so that we don't had to read your daily whine about this account and that. You have the history of a serial complainer.
  • Anthorn
    edited 5 December 2015 at 10:42PM
    Looking at the style of your posts of the posts on this forum, I think that you might have a few issues of your own.
    Let's put it into perspective shall we?
    One has access to virtual card as soon as the account is opened. One can withdraw and/or transfer their funds at any time. There are no charges for you to do either of these things. They will happily send you out an emergency card if there is a delay to normal card delivery.
    Personally,I think it best that you cash out and close your account, so that we don't had to read your daily whine about this account and that. You have the history of a serial complainer.

Almost a carbon copy of you last reply to one of my posts. Don't you have anything new to say?

Perhaps I'm being unreasonable in my standpoint, but I actually want a service to actually be finished when it's launched and provide the service I was promised when I signed up. I don't want a temporary emergency card and I don't want to buy anything online and I don't want to transfer. Nowhere diid I see information that I would have to wait two months or more for the card which completes the service and allows me to buy goods and services in shops and stores. I think it's ridiculous to have to wait so long. But that information is still not displayed on their web site nor on the app page viewed prior to downloading it.

How am I whining? I am honestly conveying my experiences which I hope will be of benefit to others. It's a shame others have not been so honest. I am actually optimistic about it and still dribbling in GBP every week even though I know that since I'm off to France on January 4th Revolut will be commpletely useless for me. Perhaps it will be up and running when I get back 3 months later. But perhaps not. Who knows? Certainly not me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure