M & S furniture outlet

Comments

• wolfehouse wrote: »
    the falkirk shop folded years and years ago.
    i haven't seen anywhere else in scotland that does m&s seconds
    but there is a chairty shop on dumbarton road just west of crow road that has had some-one or two at a time, in their store occassionally. just a matter of timing though and i've no idea where they got their donations.

I've been looking on the M&S website at their sofas and trying to choose fabrics (nightmare). Can you remember the name of the charity shop ? Thanks.
  • jopsey
    jopsey Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    frogglet wrote: »
    Is that the inside or outside market?
    Inside market ,if your familiar with Widnes market it use to be Albert's stall ,they had a good selection of sofa's ,Dining tables and other really nice items .
  • The M&S outlet at Meadowbank in Edinburgh sells a small selection of furniture.

Can't imagine its the only one in the UK to do so, although its the only one I am aware of that does.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• I think they make it more complicated than it needs to be, simply
    the online catalogue is not M&S, it's re-orderable furniture from other suppliers- it says that on the welcome page.
    they have an online club- you can buy m&s on there, but have to pay £10 to join, something about their m&s contract.
    the furniture in the stores is a mixture of m&s, laura ashley, house of fraser and john lewis.
    it's definitely m&s, they've got m&s catalogues and you can compare it, i even found footstool to match my m&s sofas, exact same fabric for loads less than i would've paid if i'd got it with my sofas.
    it does say on the website that the premises are basic, so that they can cut the price a bit more. i can put up with big muddy puddles to pay half price for a sofa. FYI fired earth next door was massively expensive. sorry to the person above but if you can afford that place maybe you should just pay m&s full price!!!
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Any of these in the South or even midlands?
  • 'National Brands' in Aintree Liverpool has marks and spencers furniture plus other famous labels ...plus it has a sister warehouse in Cambridge...always worth a visit...and you can take it away with you there and then
  • Thanks, used to live round there about 4 years ago, but we live Sussex now so typical isn't it! I will have to pop along to that Trade Secret one, would be nice if we had one on our doorstep (Sussex) though! ;)

Hi, They've opened another one in South East London. Bit nearer to Sussex! Been in recently. Its packed with M&S furniture. New stuff in every week apparently. Don't be put off by the building though. Its well worth making the effort.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Roddyos wrote: »
    Hi, They've opened another one in South East London. Bit nearer to Sussex! Been in recently. Its packed with M&S furniture. New stuff in every week apparently. Don't be put off by the building though. Its well worth making the effort.

Can you tell us where it is in south London please?
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    do you have any more details on which part of south london etc?

ta

Roddyos wrote: »
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • Hi,

It's in Lower Sydenham, SE26. Next to railway station. Got aleaflet with website details. www.trade-secret.co.uk.
    Let me know how you get on. I think its a fantastic place! Can't ever argue with Half Price. R
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure