PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• juliettet
    juliettet Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Deep breath & jump in. Hello to all and thanks so much for all your tips. Have followed all with interest and trying hard on the OS front.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Fuddle, I've used dried kidney beans/butter beans and it worked fine. I saw the Bero book last year in one of the supermarkets, but not seen it this year.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • fuddle wrote: »
    :rotfl: hmmmmm coffee and walnut :D

Am I correct in thinking that I can use kidney beans to bake blind my tart base?

Also, does anyone know if the bero book still exists? I do love my grandma's copy but it's on it's last legs :eek: I'll be lost without it.

I don't like cake:o

Fuddle - I bought the Bero book in the Co-op about a year ago. I found it in the baking aisle (funnily enough:rotfl:) HTH
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Welcome Juliettet :)

Thanks me dears
  • juliettet
    juliettet Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I saw the Be Ro book in Morrisons. It is also on their website at £2.50. I have ordered my niece a copy. She loves baking.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Oh brilliant juliettet, thank you. I'll have a look.

Think I've done my tart base wrong. the sides are collapsing :(
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    fuddle wrote: »
    :rotfl: hmmmmm coffee and walnut :D

Am I correct in thinking that I can use kidney beans to bake blind my tart base?

Also, does anyone know if the bero book still exists? I do love my grandma's copy but it's on it's last legs :eek: I'll be lost without it.

Worth a look on ebay -I got one a couple of months ago - brand new - £3.50 inc delivery. HTH :)
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • mardatha wrote: »
    "Nobody needs cake"
    WRONGGGG! :D

I stand corrected! :rotfl:
  • I have a newish Bero book but it doesn't have the same recipes in as my old one - they've dumbed it down a bit (adding kid-friendly recipes - why can't kids just learn to bake real food like they always have?) and put in "healthy" choices!!!!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Crumbs! I thought I'd lost you.
    Had a quick skim through to see if you were all here. Who's giving out scones....I'M HERE. I'M HERE.:j:j:j:j:j

Still got 3 pages to fill in the Church Magazine so musn't be long. The Rev has just had her surgery put back till the 14th. Shame. I had plans for the time she was in hospital but now it's going to have to wait.
    I was also planning to do loads of baking today as I've suddenly been landed with providing 'light refreshments' for up to 200 people at a concert tomorrow evening. Well. I'm just not going to get it done so this Mum is going to Icel*nd. Never bought all the food for an event like this before, I've always made everything but realistically I can't fit everything in this weekend.

Love your chalet thingy Fuddle. All our childhood holidays were spent in a beach hut. No electricity, water from a standpipe, the whole family in bunks...........we loved it. You'll have such fun.

That's my break over.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts