Barclaycard login broken?

Comments

• What bewilders me is the fact that nobody is prepared to acknowledge the problem. I wouldn't be so frustrated if somebody admitted that there is a major problem with their system and that they honestly can't say when it will be back online. A week of excuses and cut-and-paste answers is appallingly bad service and patronising to boot, whether you're a long-standing customer or not. I explicitly pointed out in my last two emails to the CS department that their Internet Team were not offering any help, so what do they reply with? The same paragraph of text explaining how I can call the Internet Team. I've come to conclusion that its not worth the bother now.

My thanks however to bill888 for the forgotten login method. I've finally managed to get in this way and see that my last payment has cleared and that the refund I was chasing has gone through also. I'm going to spend the credit forthwith and then cancel the card. Companies like this do not deserve customers.
  • I managed to get in to barclaycard by logging in as normal, I must be lucky!
  • I had been trying to login to the barclaycard website for a couple of weeks now and keep getting the "Your log in request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again" error.

So, I decided to use the Forgotten your ID Number link - answered all questions correctly :j and the website returned back the same ID I was using to login in the first place :confused:

This allowed me to access my account once. To verify, I logged out and tried logging in again - and I get the same error :eek:
  • The_Pope
    The_Pope Posts: 14 Forumite
    Well, after reaching the end of my tether I thought I'd give the "Forgotten passcode" trick a try.

I can confirm this works and is trouble free. I would recommend this method to anyone who is having trouble logging in!

You have to pass the security questions, and then just skip the part designed to change your passcode, and the Next button then gives you immediate access to your account! I then paid my balance without further drama.

Now if only I had access to my current account! :mad:
  • Just this minute I managed to log on fine using the normal log-in method. There was a warning box stating that the log-on time might be slower than usual due to a high volume of people accessing the service.
  • BWarr
    BWarr Posts: 28 Forumite
    I've just been on to my Barclays on line account. I did get the message that it wasn't working but I persisted and eventually got on and managed to do what I needed.
    I had also had the same problem with Barclaycard and used the same method to log in there as others have tried.
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Still broken for me, it's been over a week now.

Important Information
    We are currently experiencing high demand, which may affect the speed of the service. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Annoying as hell, I *think* the balance is clear this month, but I'd like to know anyway. If there's something on there and they charge me I'm sure as hell going to claim it back, as there's no way I'm digging out my cheque book (it's been years since I last used it) or phoning to pay it off - how old fashioned ;p
  • As Barclaycard aren't interested in fixing the problem I thought I'd try The Financial Ombudman...this is the e-mail address
    [EMAIL="complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk"]complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk[/EMAIL]
    If we all moan to him then perhaps he'll shout at Barclaycard.
  • I too have been unable to log on to Barclaycard for the last week. I have contacted them by phone on three occassions, the last time a nice lady from India hung up on me! I have also reported this to the ombudsman. Also I have been in touch with Barclays to complain and they have given me a complaint number. Although they say Barclaycard is a separate company it still comes under the Barclays group. At least complaining to Barclays you can contact them on a 0800 number, the Barclaycard number they are making profit from 0844
  • SantoW
    SantoW Posts: 6 Forumite
    Even the forgotten password method isn't working for me, I get an error telling me to correct the highlighted data when entering the letters of the password, but nothing is highlighted and I'm 100% sure the letters are correct.

I called them and the automated thing confirmed my balance and that payment had gone through etc, but there are still specifics of transactions I need to check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure