Joined 31.05.16

Comments

• Louby, Dolly, AleMrsT we can all do this. And everyone else reading can too. Thank you for dropping in. This months budget has flown by. Nsd today. Home. Fishcakes and oven chips for tea taking lunch tommorow and thursday. Work drinks this week. Im not sure whether to go or not. I think im going to give it a miss. Exam is less than 4 weeks away and its not going especially well so seems a bit silly. Im still weighing it up because the team hardly ever gets together and I might be missing out by not going. Im not sure.

The credit card offer is 0% until july so I did think about it but I only have balance at end of month of £1500 and it should come down most months. Im worried if I ditch the 4th credit card and then have an emergency the other credit card have higher interest on purchases and also I know this sounds silly but quite a big bit of me thinks that if I do that I will never learn. Like I have never learnt before. I might do the maths and think that over. Im not sure. Cleaning kitchen and bathroom tonight. Then early night. Good luck to all. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Will you manage to pay that all off by July? If so I would just leave it as it is.

As soon as my CC's are PIF they are getting closed down.

Will maybe keep one for emergencies.

Hope you have a nice early night my sweet.

Catch up with you tomorrow.

Dxxx
  • How was your early night then PSL?

I hope you aren't still sleeping ;-)

Dxxx
  • Sadly no. Work is so busy at the moment and I have no time off till september. bit overwhelming at the moment to tell the truth! Would have loved to spend the day in bed but holiday is a bit scarce at the moment. Everyone away with thier kids and then everything being manic. NSD today. Need to study a bit then bed. I know this sounds terrible but after my exams I might go away with a friend for 2 nights. Looking at it today I think it would do me good. Would need to sort flights now and hotel later. Ryanair has a sale so I am seriously thinking about it. It would sort out Christmas for us both and return flights midweek are as low as £45 so is worth thinking about. Hotel split between 2 and get a lift to airport? Hmmm not sure. Might be good but probably sounds a bit irresponsible. Going in november means 3 paydays time. Im going to sleep on it. If the flights go up overnight it wasn't to be, but if I think its possible in the morning I might just go to work and book the flights.
    Got distracted by candy crush tonight and burnt my pizza, it should have been much nicer than it was but I ate it anyway and wont do that again. Im too poor and hungry to throw away. There is a few more work things than I had realised before payday. I think staying out of the overdraft is a bit ambitious. I can probly do it up till 20th but after this it will be quite hard. Im commited to a few things thar will have to go on the credit card. I also need to sort out my contents insurance which I had forgotten about plus eyebrows and leg wax. (it really is essential). Plus £80 in direct debits. Travel £30ish phone £20 and food £30ish plus pub £30 ish will be going on the credit card. Im trying to be good but I think I need to be at the work drinks and then I have a work lunch next week. Will get there just not easy. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • I would go for it with the trip away.

I'm away to Chester with my Sis, Dublin with my pals then Manchester with the DH between now & December :rotfl:

Love something to look forward to.

Dxxx
  • Home from work amd pub. Not sure how much I put on credit card but genuinely honestly tonight was an essential work thing so im not going to give myself a hard time . Will post proper update tommorow but needed to check in with my debt free efforts so I don't go off the boil. I also sorted contents insurance today so that's done. Pleased with that. Should be Nsd friday. 2 weeks till payday. feels like a long time! Goodnight all. Sleep well xxxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think as long as you are hyper aware about your debts/budgeting and don't let thinks spiral you'll be fine.

Everyone needs to have something to look forward to. We're off to London today with 2 13 year olds and I'll probably end up spending more than I should but life has to go on.
  • I hope you enjoyed london louby. I love it so much. So much to see and do. And great for kids too.

Im a bit cross with myself today for drinking too much. Its silly and unnecessary and I shouldn't. But worse than that when I got home last night I walked home from train station at 1am very drunk amd vulnerable with all my cards and money and handbag. Its such a stupid thing to do. Nothing happened but it could have so easily and I would not have been able to do anything about it. Its so reckless to take such stupid risks. I am very cross with myself. I think I spent too much as well. Cant remember. Not great to tell tue truth but this is life.
    However it was almost essential that i was there last night and i wont need to go out to work things again for a good while.
    So tired today. No more alcoholic nights out for a while. Spent £4 on lunch. 2 weeks to pay day. It seems like a long time. Going to study lots and try very very hard. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • I hope you enjoyed london louby. I love it so much. So much to see and do. And great for kids too.

Im a bit cross with myself today for drinking too much. Its silly and unnecessary and I shouldn't. But worse than that when I got home last night I walked home from train station at 1am very drunk amd vulnerable with all my cards and money and handbag. Its such a stupid thing to do. Nothing happened but it could have so easily and I would not have been able to do anything about it. Its so reckless to take such stupid risks. I am very cross with myself. I think I spent too much as well. Cant remember. Not great to tell tue truth but this is life.
    However it was almost essential that i was there last night and i wont need to go out to work things again for a good while.
    So tired today. No more alcoholic nights out for a while. Spent £4 on lunch. 2 weeks to pay day. It seems like a long time. Going to study lots and try very very hard. xxx

Oh hon, I sometimes do stuff like that when I have had a few too many. It's not till the next day when you realise how much of a risk it actually is.

Main thing is you are okay.

Maybe a bit fragile, maybe a bit poorer than you were yesterday but those things will all sort themselves out.

Dxxx
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Hindsight is an amazing thing, For a start we'd all be rich if we had it :D Glad you got home OK.
    Boring..ish nights outs are good to have every now and then, the next night out will be amazing compared to the last :rotfl: even with debt life has to be lived
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure