IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Driver didn't actually park AND NTK was sent after 130 days.

Hi, thanks to the regulars/experts for filling this forum with so much useful information. I've read and digested what I can!

I believe my case is slightly different to most and can't find a clear answer, so I'm asking - if I have missed something when searching I apologies in advance.

I received an NTK for an incident dated 24/5 on 3/10 (about 130 days later). Minster Baywatch have sent me a photo of my car in a car park they manage. They claimed to have ticketed the car at the time.

Without a shadow of doubt, the car was not parked and left - and no ticket was issued, the car entered, the driver realised that they didn't have a wallet (!) and then left again.

I've appealed via Minster's own procedure, asking them a few questions.. they responded 'noting my points' (not answering anything), refused the appeal and sent me my POPLA code.

All that I can really tell POPLA is that the car wasn't parked there and the NTK was massively late. Is there anything that I'm missing?!

Thanks,

Ben.

Comments

• You use all the other points at POPLA (just to be sure), but you need to major on non-compliance to POFA (with such a late NTK), and thus no keeper liability.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    one photo , two photos , time stamped? , on the letter (original ) entry time , exit time?

not a lot of info given
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Sorry Pappa G. Thought I'd covered the main bits... however:

Two photos, look like they could be time stamped, too small/low res to see (images are 2.5cm x 2cm on paper), but there is some text in one corner. Number plate is clear in both.

Letter states a time (14:05) of contravention only.

Thanks,

Ben.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ok , no time of entry / exit stated on NTK.

this lot will be playing the new POPLa game , bit like poker , who
    sneezes first

1: you spend a lot of time preparing a POPLa appeal

2: they back down with no fees to pay
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've appealed via Minster's own procedure, asking them a few questions.. they responded 'noting my points' (not answering anything), refused the appeal and sent me my POPLA code.

Ben.

Did your appeal identify the driver ?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Read the most recent successful appeals on the POPLA Decisions sticky thread and pick out all the relevant points that apply to your case.
    These will include at least, inadequate signage, not the landowner, no standing to issue charges, and if you didn't reveal who was driving, non POFA compliant NTK, detailing everything that isn't compliant.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business