Swagbucking into 2017

Comments

• Not everyone reads the forum logged in. I have my browser clear cookies on exit, so am not taken to the first unread post. So yes, for some, the 1st post is very long to scroll past and appears at the top of every page!

I recently joined the forum, but read this thread for over a year without signing up to the forum, again lots of scrolling.

So having a short 1st post and all the info in the 2nd post is/was a brilliant idea.

Personally i think the MSE choice to have the 1st post appear at the top of every page was a silly decision but hey ho.

Happy New Year everyone :T
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Which makes no difference if you are not logged in or use the current forum version.

(I believe 20 posts is the forum default so next one)

I believe you can still switch back to the old format.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    JadieH wrote: »
    I see the first post on every page, however my browser automatically goes to the first new post of that page and skips the very long first post. Assumed this would happen for everyone?

That happens if you're already reading the thread and click on a different page number, but if you're on the Boost Your Income index page and click "Last page", it doesn't, even when logged in.

And yes, the first post displays at the top of every page, for every topic with multiple pages.

A short first post with a link to the info in a separate closed topic would be great, I completely agree.
    Please someone make it happen!
  • Wizzbang wrote: »
    Good luck for the New Year everyone! 2016 was my best yet on Swagbucks, currently making £100+ per month and hoping for this one to be even better!

Heads up- just got emailed a survey on Cint and that added another 70sb to today's total, so check your inboxes.

Thanks for this!
    I had missed that email!!
    :staradmin
    Swagbucks rewards £140 Amazon vouchers. £70 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney :A
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think the issue with not having the introductory 1st page is that all you will get is new people asking how it works - it is easier to always refer them to the 1st post.

I don't know how many people are actually affected by the not logged in issue to see if this is a major issue at all?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Though earlier the nGage was running at 18 videos for 4Sb, its now doing 2videos for 4Sb as it did yesterday.
    Still maxing out at 40 but I had done a couple of rounds first thing and ended up with 48.

If you can access nGage its a fairly painless 40SB on a day when, for me at least, there are few if any surveys around.
  • jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Some stuff I noted:

Discover --> TrialPay --> William Hill --> 1400 SB
    Discover --> Kiwi Wall --> William Hill --> 3400 SB
    (Minimum deposit of £10 at both but the difference is huge)

Discover --> OfferToro --> Telfie --> 7 SB --> Very easy offer, if you haven't done it yet - go for it.
  • soolin wrote: »
    I think the issue with not having the introductory 1st page is that all you will get is new people asking how it works - it is easier to always refer them to the 1st post.
    That's true. And it was discussed in the previous thread that the solution could be that the first post could include the bare basics along with a big obvious link to another thread or post that contains all the full details that the existing fist post contains.

The best of both worlds imo. :)
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    soolin wrote: »

I don't know how many people are actually affected by the not logged in issue to see if this is a major issue at all?

The first post could include something like:

How Swagbucks works:

CLICK HERE

And as mentioned, it's not just an issue if you're logged out.
    Clicking "Last page" on the Boost Your Income index page doesn't prevent the scrolling when logged in.

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    soolin wrote: »

It's not just not logged in it's also the current format style.

If the first post was kept short and the bulk of the information was in the second post with a link to it from the first then it wouldn't be an issue (major or otherwise), although I see it more matter of convenience/efficiency than an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure