eBay returned item problem

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    snowy72 wrote: »
    Here is the text of the ebay cust service when the closed my claim:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. My name is Christine and I’m here to assist you about the (item xxxxxxxxxxx) you purchased from "xxxxxxxxxxxxx". I certainly know how it feels if you still haven’t received your item and I understand that you want to get a refund as the item has been return back to the seller. Please be assured that I will thoroughly discuss to you the outcome of this claim.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mark, Before I proceed, I’d like you to know that I admire your patience and effort in this situation. Please be informed that in Item Not Received claims, a buyer may be eligible for a refund if the seller failed to provide tracking information or if the seller provided a tracking number but doesn’t display that the item has reached a buyer’s location I reviewed the tracking number and I found that courier tried to deliver the item to you many times which indicates that the item reached your location. Because of this, we’ve now closed this case.[/FONT]

Have you appealed on the grounds the MBG doesn't cover attempted delivery? Or pointed out the fact the MBG doesn't cover attempts of delivery (no matter how many) a lot of the CS reps have little grasp of English and less of common sense, you need to be firm and quote chapter and verse.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'd be appealing that on a daily basis until I got someone who understood the eBay rules, which strangely a lot of eBay CS reps don't.

If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of successful on-time delivery to the buyer’s address,or proof of collection by the buyer.. We require proof of signature to confirm delivery for items with a total cost of £750 or more.

If we determine that the item wasn’t successfully delivered or collected, we refund the full cost of the item and original postage via PayPal. The seller is required to reimburse us for the amount. Find out more about reimbursement .

----

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • snowy72
    snowy72 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Have you appealed on the grounds the MBG doesn't cover attempted delivery? Or pointed out the fact the MBG doesn't cover attempts of delivery (no matter how many) a lot of the CS reps have little grasp of English and less of common sense, you need to be firm and quote chapter and verse.
    When I opened the paypal claim I was asked if I wanted to wait for the outcome of the ebay claim to be resolved. As I 'd already received the email saying the case was closed and my ebay claim was rejected I proceeded with paypal.
    I assume this means that I cannot now now go back to the ebay claim. The frustrating thing about ebay is that they only accept attachments in communication that are pictures not pdf.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    snowy72 wrote: »
    When I opened the paypal claim I was asked if I wanted to wait for the outcome of the ebay claim to be resolved. As I 'd already received the email saying the case was closed and my ebay claim was rejected I proceeded with paypal.
    I assume this means that I cannot now now go back to the ebay claim. The frustrating thing about ebay is that they only accept attachments in communication that are pictures not pdf.

You can appeal even after case has been closed. How did you contact eBay before, phone or live chat? Whatever you tried previously do the other one now and if that doesn't work just keep trying. eBay cannot over rule both their own t and c's and Uk law.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Moogles44
    Moogles44 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can you link to the T&C where that is the policy for INR?

You seem to have a fair few INR. It's worrying to hear you are winning them against eBay's Money Back Guarantee T&C.

Yes, that's the relevant point right there.

I'm actually a very high seller. I have excellent feedback , all positive and and am a top rated seller. I also rarely get returns as I go out of my way to make buyers aware of any flaws mentioned in listing before I send.

Due to high volume of sales I get a number of people going straight to item not received cases ( usually people with low or under 10 feedback) but I get every single item sent by Royal Mail signed for and Royal Mail are most reliable way to send . I don't think that they have lost one item in a year . It always people not getting a red card, not seeing red card from postman etc, never a real loss. Like I say The one that came back this week opened a case, item was STILL at post office waiting and I told her to go as soon as possible to collect it ( had 7 days left as she opened a case very quickly) but she didn't bother so it's come back to me now.

I do think it's a flaw in eBay system but there are so many flaws like buyers abusing returns - just received item back with big sweat marks under arms as unworn return where buyer has worn it , what looks like all day, and now says it didn't fit and had to swallow that at eBay won't back me up . She got a full refund and a reporting and I lost £4 in postage but that's the way it goes as eBay would do nothing with that and she has me as I can't neg me but she can me if I said anything.
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
  • Moogles44
    soolin wrote: »
    If you are winning INR claims merely with proof of postage then you are unique, this is not only against eBay rules it is against UK law . The seller community boards would love to hear from you with these wins as no one else has ever reported winning an INR claim without proof of delivery.

I have proof of delivery with them all? Ebay see item went to buyer or their local post office if they were not home to sign for it and I win case.

Apparently they get sent to Ireland after to be sorted back to sender so there is a big gap while they are being returned back if buyer still doesn't collect item. I then message buyer and they repay post and I repost again as they never collected it.

I will be so interested in how this case goes above. I bet you anything ebay do nothing but paypal do . Please OP try eBay again . I'll eat my hat if they do the right thing

Never a need to be ugly
  • theonlywayisup
    Moogles44 wrote: »

Due to high volume of sales I get a number of people going straight to item not received cases ( usually people with low or under 10 feedback) but I get every single item sent by Royal Mail signed for and Royal Mail are most reliable way to send .

If you are a high volume seller there are far better services than SF with RM. Have you thought about Royal Mail Tracked? You get a free collection with it too.

and she has me as I can't neg me but she can me if I said anything.

I don't understand that bit.
  • theonlywayisup
    I have proof of delivery with them all? Ebay see item went to buyer or their local post office if they were not home to sign for it and I win case.

You win the case because the item has been delivered - albeit the buyer has gone to the delivery office and collected it. You do see the difference don't you?

You won't win a case because the item was attempted and is at the delivery office awaiting collection.
  • steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,032 Forumite
    I can't understand why people order goods and don't make arrangements to be in or give an alternative address. Hermes tried to deliver on 3 consecutive days, one of which was a Saturday. You must have expected a delivery as you placed an order. There is an option on the Hermes website to leave in a safe place or deliver to a neighbour. You could have saved yourself and the seller a lot of hassle.
  • Moogles44
    edited 8 October 2017 at 11:12AM
    You win the case because the item has been delivered - albeit the buyer has gone to the delivery office and collected it. You do see the difference don't you?

You won't win a case because the item was attempted and is at the delivery office awaiting collection.

I have though. I've won many cases with that exact scenario . Ebay say , yes I can see through tracking you posted item on time and I can see they tried to deliver and it's at their post office.

I swear I have won many cases with item still being at their local post office and not actually with the buyer, I've been selling about 7 years at least and I never have lost one case where this is the case.

Never a need to be ugly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport