Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I have just done an online grocery shop but couldn't enter any extra points vouchers/money off coupons in the box provided, they have the long barcode on them and not starting with X or AD. Can I only use them at an actual store? Thaks

If you have a bar-coded voucher - then it is just for in-store use. If you only shop on-line, then you need to change your preferences in MCA to Ecoupons.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Making a booking with Affordable Car Hire via Tesco Rewards will cost me £202.13 in vouchers (so I'll need to use £50 of my coupons) plus £493 in cash. Making a booking direct with Affordable will cost me £394 in cash for the same car, same deal. Emailed Tesco to ask why they are ripping me off. They don't want to know and said to take it up with Affordable Car Hire.
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi.

I'm new to Clubcard and had my first online statement earlier this month. It came with 3 vouchers, each for 100 clubcard points (if spending £5 or more).

I used the first one a couple of weeks ago, tried to use the second one today but the terminal said that the voucher had been cancelled and to call a Freefone number.

Is this normal?, ie the 3 vouchers for 100 points are in fact just one voucher, with 3 validity periods to give you 3 chances to use it?

Cheers!
  • GIRLPOWER_2
    GIRLPOWER_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    techno12 wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm new to Clubcard and had my first online statement earlier this month. It came with 3 vouchers, each for 100 clubcard points (if spending £5 or more).

I used the first one a couple of weeks ago, tried to use the second one today but the terminal said that the voucher had been cancelled and to call a Freefone number.

Is this normal?, ie the 3 vouchers for 100 points are in fact just one voucher, with 3 validity periods to give you 3 chances to use it?

Cheers!

Same thing happened to me today! Am going to call then tomorrow!
  • Cash vchrs - last for two years which is surely plenty of time to spend them, still if they are slightly older you may well get the points back for Nov or Aug '12.

I had a slightly happier experience just now with expired Clubcard vouchers. We stockpile them and then use them on days out, cinema vouchers, etc.

I just realised that today is the 2nd of March and yes, I had clubcard vouchers with an expiry date of 28th February that just expired two days ago.

Thinking I had nothing to lose, I my just expired vouchers on the Tesco clubcard website and they all worked perfectly. Order accepted and 3 Cineworld Child vouchers arrived by email half an hour later.

Phew !

This was a mistake on my part to let them expire, but if they have only just expired, then try them like I did and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Geoffrey
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Last year, Clubcard held a sale on the Merlin passes and reduced them to £35 worth of vouchers for a while. Does anyone know if they will do this again this year? They're currently £46.50.

Thanks

Naomi
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • I've looked for an answer to my question but can't seem to find anything so I'm hoping my question can be answered here!!

A lovely colleague has given me a 5p off every litre of fuel voucher tha she obtained in store. Can I use this, or is it restricted to her clubcard account only?
    When it's dark, look for stars. When it's raining look for rainbows.
    DFW - Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£3149.71[/STRIKE]£0! Capital One CC:[STRIKE] £2242.01[/STRIKE]£0! :T Overdraft: [STRIKE]£283[/STRIKE] £0! :T
  • Gorgeestwo
    Gorgeestwo Posts: 537
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to post :o

My brother and SIL have exchanged some of their clubcard vouchers for the legoland annual pass reward tokens as a surprise, but I'm slightly worried that because they have their surname printed on the we're not going to be able to exchange them for the passes.

I was just wondering if anyone had come across this and whether legoland took much notice or not? I guess I could get around it as its my maiden name, but I would have to borrow their clubcard and short of taking my marriage certificate I don't think I've got anything in that name anymore :o

Thank you in advance for any help :)
  • Gorgeestwo
    Gorgeestwo Posts: 537
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've looked for an answer to my question but can't seem to find anything so I'm hoping my question can be answered here!!

A lovely colleague has given me a 5p off every litre of fuel voucher tha she obtained in store. Can I use this, or is it restricted to her clubcard account only?

It'll be fine, I regularly give mine to other family members (totally different cards/addresses/surnames) and they don't have any problems using them :)
  • Treacle1983
    Treacle1983 Posts: 979 Forumite
    My sister and neighbour have very kindly given me little booklets of tesco coupons they've had in the mail for easter.

Will I be able to use these - there's no name on them

They're for various things - extra points, money off etc..
    Not really comping any more as too ill - but hoping to win £1000+ in 2017 in cash prizes - watch this space!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure