Can anyone help me find a good PS4 bundle?

Options
Hello

I am looking to buy a PS4 preferably in store.

Does anyone know of any good bundles or if there is going to be any Easter offers?

Comments

• greenlightluke
    Options
    Bundles you're looking round the £380 mark - Game have an offer on where you buy a PS4 and get Rayman: Legends and another game chucked in.

I've pre-ordered the Watch-dog/PS4 Bundle off Amazon for £380 and I cannot wait to receive it!
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a bundle but Tesco are doing the PS4 for £314.10 using this code TDX-KMNT (10% off if you spend over £75)

Which leaves enough room to get a couple of new/used titles.

Or you can get a bundle with watchdogs for £347 at Tesco.
  • PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Posts: 844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've pre-ordered the Watch-dog/PS4 Bundle off Amazon for £380 and I cannot wait to receive it!
    I'm sorry to go off-topic, but have you not been following the previews for Watch Dogs? It's not often you see previews say "we recommend waiting for the review" and news articles about why a game is going to be mediocre, but that's what is happening to WD.

It does explain why Ubisoft tried to bribe a bunch of game journalists by giving them all Nexus 7s recently, though.

(I hope they're wrong about Watch Dogs, as it looked quite promising a year ago)
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • JP4672
    JP4672 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I'm sorry to go off-topic, but have you not been following the previews for Watch Dogs? It's not often you see previews say "we recommend waiting for the review" and news articles about why a game is going to be mediocre, but that's what is happening to WD.

It does explain why Ubisoft tried to bribe a bunch of game journalists by giving them all Nexus 7s recently, though.

(I hope they're wrong about Watch Dogs, as it looked quite promising a year ago)

Honestly, I think you're wrong. We've seen some extensive gameplay footage at this point so if there was any serious issues, I'm pretty sure at least one eagle-eyed viewer would have picked them up. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm remaining hopeful. Do not think it's going to be anywhere near as bad as you're making out.
  • PenguinJim
    Options
    6 or 7 out of 10 is not "bad" and does not necessarily mean "serious issues". Just mediocre. The driving does not look good, the previews say things like "we hope the full city has more variety!", and considering previews usually read like 10/10 reviews, it does indicate that this won't be a great game. What's the problem with ordering it after the reviews instead of before?

A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • JP4672
    JP4672 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    6 or 7 out of 10 is not "bad" and does not necessarily mean "serious issues". Just mediocre. The driving does not look good, the previews say things like "we hope the full city has more variety!", and considering previews usually read like 10/10 reviews, it does indicate that this won't be a great game. What's the problem with ordering it after the reviews instead of before?

Meh, I think this is going to be one of those games where the critics slam it and the players hale it as a masterpiece.
    And there's nothing wrong with that but I think you'd be better off forming your own opinion than potentially missing out on a game you'd enjoy just because some reviewers gave it a 'mediocre' score.
  • PenguinJim
    Options
    JP4672 wrote: »
    ...I think you'd be better off forming your own opinion than potentially missing out on a game you'd enjoy just because some reviewers gave it a 'mediocre' score.
    I'm not sure what you're saying... they're only making a few copies? It won't be available to buy the day after release? How would I miss out by not pre-ordering it? I can just buy it on the afternoon of release, or a week later, or ten years later.

You seem to be recommending that everyone buys every single game in order to make up their own minds, and never, ever read reviews or listen to other opinions. Not even just buy every single game - pre-order!:rotfl:

Pre-ordering is hardly good MSE behaviour anyway, and these warning signs with Watch Dogs simply suggest that it might be worth waiting until day one instead of ordering beforehand.

I haven't played it, and I'm not telling people not to buy the game (unlike the previews) - far from it, I think it's one to watch (pun intended). One to watch and wait for release.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure