cancel lovefilm

Comments

• Hoping someone can help? i am with Odeon DVD rental which is run by Lovefilm, but when I try to cancel it says I have to phone an 0844 number. Their hours finish at 8, but there is no option to cancel online. Is this because its Odeon or am I looking in the wrong place.
    Thanks.
  • jammiev
    jammiev Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    hi, you can cancel online after 10pm!:beer:
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sorry to bump this page but i took out the 2 week trial for cashback. I sent back the dvd today. Do i wait until they receive the dvd to cancel? Or can i cancel now.

thanks maria
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    for sending back any dvds to a rental company make sure you get a certificate of posting from your local post office,just ask for one at the counter,fill it in with the address you are sending to,take it back to the postoffice clerk who will stamp it for you and then post the dvd on your behalf to the company,I always do this and have never had a problem with lovefilm :)

Katie :)
  • take all the dvds out of your list and wait until it shows as having been received before you cancel. That will avoid anything being 'lost'
    :D
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    They called me tonight as i canceled months ago after a quidco trial. I was offered 3 months for the price of 1, so I joined again. I felt sorry for the poor chap really, not very money saving of me,

He was so nice, I got chatting whilst he put it all through. He had been calling people since 12pm and when he called me it was 7pm only 4 people in all that time said yes to a reactivation.

I think I am going soft.!
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    take all the dvds out of your list and wait until it shows as having been received before you cancel. That will avoid anything being 'lost'

Thanks, think this is what i will do. :)
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • rapido
    rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    Alloneword wrote: »
    Rather then send Rec Del i'd go via Special Del, yes it costs more but much safer then Recorderd

I've got to say, that's the most ridiculous bit of advice, Special Delivery costs about £5... Lovefilm ordinarily sends and receives things using standard 1st class, that's the whole point of their service!

If something doesn't arrive after 4 working days, report it on their website, and immediately they will consider it lost (and another disc will be sent if you have one on your list). Happened to me, no problem.

So if you want to cancel, make sure you send all the discs at least 5 working days before the next payment date, and then cancel after they have received them. Cancellation takes 24 hours.
  • JoeyGrey
    JoeyGrey Posts: 984 Forumite
    I joined LoveFilm last year to get cashback, found it was really good and stayed with them at £4 per month.

Beginning of this year, I decided to cancel as I don't have time to watch movies at the moment (and I'm trying to be very MSE :p), and it was sooo easy. I just called them, told them I was cancelling, sorted. They were really pleasant, no heavy sales patter. I sent the dvd back the next day.

About two weeks later I got a call just asking for feedback, which was all positive. Again, a very pleasant lady who didn't try to push me to go back, but told me I could reactivate the account whenever I wanted to.

I've been really impressed with the whole thing and wouldn't hesitate to join again. It was certainly better than paying for Sky Movies which was costing me £16 per month before that.
    :j
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.
  • I have stayed with LoveFilm, even after the deal expired. I have had a great service from them and it is inexpensive.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a Heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts