DLA Renewal - How long for decision???

Hi All,

Does anyone know roughly how long the decisions are taking at the moment. Most of the info I have seen ranges from three weeks to eleven weeks.

Many thanks,

S4R4H

Comments

• tenacioust123
    tenacioust123 Posts: 276 Forumite
    I've been told about 10/12 weeks, I've been waiting 5 weeks up to now.
  • JG1984
    JG1984 Posts: 138 Forumite
    the letter they sent me said upto 11 weeks i think they tend to estimate a little above with the timescale to reduce the amount of claim chase up calls they will get
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    mine took 4 months for them to tell me I am not entitled. I am now appealing as they have noted alot of info incorrectly.
    I know some people that have had a decision back in 4 weeks.
  • scooby1001
    scooby1001 Posts: 295 Forumite
    my daughters took 4 weeks
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    S4R4H wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know roughly how long the decisions are taking at the moment. Most of the info I have seen ranges from three weeks to eleven weeks.

Many thanks,

S4R4H

my freind filled in a renewal form in 2 weeks ago and got letter back saying upto 15 weeks for a decision.
  • I got my renewal back at the weekend so it was about 6 weeks which isn't too bad. I've been awarded the same as last time HRM and MRC, but this time for 2 years instead of 3 years.

I was hoping for longer and my condition is very unlikely to change.

TT
  • mouseymousey99
    mouseymousey99 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Sent my renewal forms off yesterday - I was told the current wait is 11 weeks.
  • Psychobabble
    Psychobabble Posts: 68 Forumite
    sent off some forms a couple of weeks ago and the letter said about 12 weeks for it to be processed, if after the time you have been told they have not responded then give them a ring, last time I sent in a renewal they had made their decision after a month or so but forgot to inform me even after the 12 weeks were up.
    Psychosomatic addict, insane.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    They received my renewal form on 16 March. Received a letter the following week saying they have written to my doctor and received my award letter at the end of April. A lot shorter timespan than my last renewal which took 3 months.
  • the_greed
    the_greed Posts: 156 Forumite
    I sent off forms on the 27th March because my husband 's circumstances have changed. I received a letter saying that it can take up to 11 weeks. Received letter today saying that "We are sorry that we have not given you a decision on your claim for DLA yet we will deal with your request as quickly as we can. We will write to you again as soon as we can with more information".

Don't know how long this will take.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport