IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

WHOPLA accept UKPC's forged photos and REJECTS the motorist's appeal

Umkomaas
Umkomaas Posts: 41,320 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 8 October 2016 at 2:27PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Unbelievable.

WHOPLA have catastrophically whopped this one up. Oh my!

That's another fine mess by Nick Abel led WHOPLA.

0691bd293e9d9fb30fb138e3cc9c7c3b.jpg

Over to you Trouser Fire!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk
Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street

Comments

• Now we know POPLA is an accomplice to the fraudulent activities of UKPC. Can we trust a so-called independent body that aids and abets criminal acts?
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    That really is a shocker.

I would have thought that even UKPC would have cancelled the charge having been caught red handed with their pants down.

How on earth did it get to POPLA? Though guessing that it was one of those caught in the Beavis case if it was Whopla who "judged" it.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    will they try and follow this up with a court case?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Now that would be fun, though I doubt that UKPC would be daft enough to try it.

Well they are daft, so maybe.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 October 2016 at 6:15PM
    perhaps Saadiya Ahmad saw this one coming
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    I suppose the obvious response to this is: Well. what did you expect?

However, this time there could just be something of a problem.

For the benefit of all here is the content of s.3 Forgery & Counterfeiting Act 1981:
    It is an offence for a person to use an instrument which is, and which he knows or believes to be, false, with the intention of inducing somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.

For the purposes of this section a time-stamped photograph is an "instrument" which is rendered a false instrument - grossly summarising - if is tells a lie about itself. If the time-stamp was altered as it certainly seems to have been then the photograph wasn't taken at the time the time-stamp suggests. Doesn't that amount to telling a lie about itself?

UKPC have already been hauled over the coals for this and know all too well that this photograph (and a number of other) is not quite what it seems but that hasn't stopped them producing it again to WHOPLA. Oh dear! One is only going to produce this photograph for one reason surely? UKPC aren't going to include it in their evidence pack (hint) and have the word "FRAUD" stamped in the middle of it are they. At any event it would seem that the WHOPLA drone has accepted it as entirely genuine and made a decision that by leaving the appellant open to pursuit of the unpaid charge would seem to be to their prejudice?

Is anyone prepared to offer odds that any phone calls are made by those in BPA Towers to Thames Valley's finest and dob UKPC in?

The best part of this is seeing a swaggering glorified debt collector-!!!-law firm entirely embarrassed by being sucked in by a doctored photo.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So, this is the same case that was kicked into the long grass, only for WHoopla to naively pick up and run with it. What plonkers ! If this doesn't cause a stink in the ppc world of appeals then unfortunately, we're all doomed.....
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    DollyDee wrote: »

Yes Dolly that's the one.

Wright Hassall have now proven that they DO NOT understand and don't have a clue what they are doing.

This is a Patrick Troy problem and Troy alone makes the BPA a completely useless organisation.
    Wright Hassall has made the BPA look like a HUGE SCAM

Maybe the Daily Mail should bring back the story again and this time involve Wright Hassall.

Nick Abell should be investigated by the SRA as he is a roque solicitor
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Its easy to blame the boss of WH but that doesn't address the real issue. The beast that is WHOPLA was created by one organisation and it is at their door the blame should be properly be laid. The rickety ordure-laden cart should be heading towards Haywards Heath and have a delivery note with a certain Mr Troy's name on it.

If there was just one example that was indicative of the BPA's real concern for the public then this is it. That is aside for the cooked-up court figures the BPA supplied to the DVLA; the dumping of Old POPLA; the apparent way in which New POPLA completely misunderstood what it was they were taking on. And then there was WHOPLA. There is only one common denominator.

I respectfully suggest that WH's version of brand POPLA is as great an embarrassment as the IAS is to any vaguely intelligent person unless, that is, we have all been transported off into some Kafkaesque dystopian Parking World. For when used in the context of parking appeals bodies it is becoming excruciatingly obvious to me at least that the word "independent" actually means completely biased.

An independent appeals mechanism was very much part of the quid pro quo the government exacted as part of the keeper liability provision of POFA which in turn was the quid pro quo the BPA obtained as the trade off for not fighting the ban on wheel-clamping. The emphasis was on the word independent but its seems that once you have been inoculated with the private parking money-maker serum you lose the ability to understand the meaning of the word. The same goes for the word "management".

Its about time the public got to obtain its quid pro quo and that is to be freed from the obscene burden of private parking enforcement.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure