Beko tumble dryer broken

Hopefully someone can help me here.

I have a Beko DCU8230 dryer which is about 30 months old. It has stopped working.

Power is getting through to it. It has an interior light which is still working when it is plugged in and turns off when the on / off switch is turned off.

None of the other buttons work, none of them light up.

It seems to me that it might be a control board problem and my questions are as follows:

Do I have any rights with Beko? There is a 12 month guarantee but should I not expect it to be working after 30 months light usage?

Is my assessment of the control board logical? If so, is it possible to buy and replace another?

Or do I just take it on the chin and buy a new one?

Comments

• MisterBaxter
    MisterBaxter Posts: 666 Forumite
    I have a very basic Beko drier, there is a red button on the back that is a reset button, if the filter gets clogged and it overheats I have to leave it off for a while and then press the reset to get it working again.

May be so no use to you whatsoever but worth a look.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2014 at 6:02PM
    You have no clam against Beko whatsoever if it is out of manufacturer's warranty. You do have the option of a claim under SOGA against the retailer, but after 2.5 years you will have to prove a pre-existing fault, which will require an engineer''s report, which you will have to pay for upfront. Only you can decide if it's worth it.
    Get a white goods engineer in to do a diagnosis, a decent one will charge no more than about £20 if you decide not to proceed.
    You might also contact Beko to see if it's a known model fault, in which case they might offer something.But remember that this is a budget brand and you get what you pay for,
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Have you cleaned the filters out and left it to dry? That seems to fix most issues I have with my hotpoint condenser tumble dryer
  • Smick100
    Smick100 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a very basic Beko drier, there is a red button on the back that is a reset button, if the filter gets clogged and it overheats I have to leave it off for a while and then press the reset to get it working again.

May be so no use to you whatsoever but worth a look.

No reset button I'm afraid.
    macman wrote: »
    You might also contact Beko to see if it's a known model fault, in which case they might offer something.But remember that this is a budget brand and you get what you pay for.

I have sent them an email. To be honest, if it is a budget brand, it has been excellent so far. Dries quickly, the maintenance is easy, good features. I have been told that Beko manufacture for some premium brands who just put their name to it and charge more. Thanks for the info anyway.
    Have you cleaned the filters out and left it to dry? That seems to fix most issues I have with my hotpoint condenser tumble dryer

Yeah, I clean them regularly. The lint one after each cycle and about every month on the condenser. The weather had been so good recently that we had been drying clothes outside. I believe that if you don't clean them that the machine still works but just takes longer and more energy. I can't even get the thing started.
  • I have the exact same problem anyone help please
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There is a reset button! It's on the top left side of the heating element. Sounds like condenser is blocked and therefore overheating.

You need to make sure you unplug it first!!!! Then remove the approx 20 screws on cover to get at reset button.
  • Thanks ill give ot a try im desperate..
  • No joy im afraid pressed the reset button but nothing as happened.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    [QUOTE=
    You might also contact Beko to see if it's a known model fault, in which case they might offer something.But remember that this is a budget brand and you get what you pay for,[/QUOTE]

I think this is the nitty gritty of it, they really do seem to be bargain basement and I myself wouldn't spend further on it. It is the only brand I would ever say "avoid" about, having owned most over the years.

Pull it apart and remake all conections, it may just be that simple, there could also be a control board fuse either prior to or on the boards itself, check any of those out.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • Hi,

Don't suppose anyone identified what the actual problem was with this?

I now have exactly the same issue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport