Kitchen Strip Light Flashing. Never Had One Before... help, what are the options?

Comments

• ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    TBH I'd argue that you should just buy both and swap both in one go. Neither parts are particularly expensive - at least that way you'll know it'll be a long time before you have to swap anything again. Dark banding at either end of the tube when its on indicate its on its way out. When moving the tube around be careful, they can shatter easily (into many small pieces).
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I can't get the starter out. Tried earlier, tried again later. It's just not moving.

I know I should press it in and turn it anti clockwise, but it's just not moving at all. It doesn't press in and it doesn't turn.

I bought two starters in Tesco (£1.49) so I might have the right beastie if I can ever get the starter out.

I'll just have to keep trying it 10x a day for a few weeks until I get fed up of trying, although clambering onto the kitchen worktops is proving quite dodgy for me (small/crap at that sort of thing/no furniture to stand on).

• The starter just turns anticlockwise, no need to press it in. It may be a bit stiff if not replaced for several years, also there might not be much protruding to grip on - try rubber gloves or pliers, make sure the power is switched off.
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    At the risk of making a patronising assumption, go and find a tall and competant person to do this. Middle aged and older men are usually a safe bet when it comes to doing DIY . Mind you, I'm a short middle aged woman and I would be a good person to ask as well.
    Val.
  • brazilianwax
    brazilianwax Posts: 9,438 Forumite
    Aren't you in Cardiff somewhere?

I'm just finishing work in the Bay, and need to go to Newport Road. I'm happy to pop round and sort it if you want me to. I'm 5'9", female and very competent!

I need to know quickly though, as I'm leaving in a few minutes.
    :A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
    ;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
  • PasturesNew
    Aren't you in Cardiff somewhere?

I'm just finishing work in the Bay, and need to go to Newport Road. I'm happy to pop round and sort it if you want me to. I'm 5'9", female and very competent!

I need to know quickly though, as I'm leaving in a few minutes.
    I'd have said yes please, although I'm north, so not directly on your route. About 2.5 miles from the Bay.

But I see you're offline now.

So I missed the chance!

:)
  • brazilianwax
    brazilianwax Posts: 9,438 Forumite
    I'd have said yes please, although I'm north, so not directly on your route. About 2.5 miles from the Bay.

But I see you're offline now.

So I missed the chance!

I live about 16 miles north west of Cardiff so apart from needing to go to Newport Road, I can probably divert on the way home.

I'll PM you.
  • PasturesNew
    :) Looks like I might have a light later :)
  • :) Looks like I might have a light later :)

You'll have one tomorrow I hope. :D

Just dug the pliers out of the garage (so you can put the scissors away :rotfl: )
  • PasturesNew
    You'll have one tomorrow I hope. :D

Just dug the pliers out of the garage (so you can put the scissors away :rotfl: )
    You are a star.

I just feel guilty for being so wussy and wet and pathetic and whiney :)

Cya tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport