"Looking forward to paying off all my debts and getting back to just being broke"

Options

Comments

• White-as-Snow
    White-as-Snow Posts: 243 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2016 at 9:12AM
    Options
    I feel sometimes that during my day I don't actually get anything accomplished and that the day just starts and ends and the house and our finances are no better so although my lists are usually boring everyday things it helps me to mentally feel like I've done something.

Done today:
    Breakfast done
    Dinner done (Yesterdays leftovers fried with egg)
    Fed/Watered the rabbit
    Hoovered the hallway (where the rabbit is- she makes a mess with the sawdust and the hay all the time.
    Tidied the parlour (not as posh as it sounds. We spend most of our time in the large living/dining room and the parlour is just a smaller room with sofa/tv for relaxing)
    Hoovered the parlour
    YNAB checked
    Mail sorted (1 to be filled in and sent back-done and 1 to be forwarded to someone else-done)
    PAD done- 89p to the CC
    Tea done-easy pizza from the freezer
    Checked on neighbours pets
    Spends:

Gained:
    £0.03 as someone wanted me to buy something online for them and I had the change lol
    Total Debt:
    Dec 2015: £20,090.87
    Dec 2016: £16,320.85
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey White as Snow
    Just recognised your user name from the PAD thread. I'd love a seperate chill out room like a parlour, that must be nice :)
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Hey Bobarella.
    It is handy to have I must admit. Good when guests need to sleepover too so you can put them in there and still have your living room available.

Well yesterday was a NSD (not counting PADs) Was tempted to go get takeaway but I didn't give in! Tonight will (should) be beef in black bean sauce (made at home- sauce from a jar but still cheaper than chinese I guess) with rice and home made(from a box that you fry yourself) prawn crackers :j

Got given 2 vases yesterday aswell and I'm trying to think about what I can do to them so that I can gift them for Christmas. The only hand made gifts I've ever given were food hampers but I want to try a few this year. Was thinking maybe them pretty stones in the bottom, some fake flowers and a nice ribbon around them? One is a very tall one and one is smaller so that one could be used for a large candle maybe? Hmmm decisions

Need to buy 3 condolence cards today! :( A family friend, a friends husband and a neighbour have all passed away this week. Not a good week at all.
    Total Debt:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry for your loss :(
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Well been having a !!!!!! time this month. Nothing going right at all. Felt this month like I was just banging my head against a brick wall. Debt has not been increased though! Have woken up today however and decided to make an effort to be happy, hopeful, energetic and generally see if the world will fall in line with me if I "fake it til you make it" as they say.

Children: All happy and healthy and am grateful to have such amazing children

Husband: Amazingly happy with him even after over 12 years of marriage. He makes me happy, gives me compliments and attention and works hard to provide for us. He does have things that grate on me such as his inability to be on time for things but I am trying to relax about it and find workarounds so that I don't get annoyed.
    He is having some issues at the moment with his DS from before we met. Both being stubborn unfortunately and while I am trying to help DH you can lead a horse to water but not make him drink.

Weight: Not lost (or gained) anything so while not good not bad either. Not really been consciously making the effort to be honest. I did have a good day yesterday so am going to build on that today and going forward. Slip ups will be just that and tomorrow is a new day.

Open University: Signed up for my next module. Had my tuition fee loan approved. Sent off for my course grant- waiting to hear back. Not done my grants for dependants form yet. (Been putting it off as that's the one that need the most paperwork to be found)
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Nothing much to update to be honest but I thought I'd show my face as it were.

Have a student version of YNAB so have to use what they give me and so far it's been YNAB 4 which I've been loving but now they've 'upgraded' to a new web based version which it taking some time to get used to so budgetting is a little confusing at the moment until I get up to speed with it.

I haven't added to my debt the last month so that's all good.
    Have realised that a lot of money goes towards school dinners - almost a £100 a month! Will see if my kids will go back to packet lunch. They go back and forth quite often because I have great intentions and after a while I guess it ends up feeling like such a chore day after day. Their old school was easier basically you turned up on the day with either a packed lunch or asked for dinner but their new one needs 2 weeks notice to change from one to the other.

Right off to finish making tea! Trying a new never made before recipe so hope it turns out nice x
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Well seem to have got the hang of the new YNAB and actually think that the credit card change is better now that i'm used to it. You get so used to doing things one way and then its difficult to change.

Well last day of the holidays tomorrow- school starts on Monday ! Back to normal. I like the holidays though- get to spend time with the kids, can be leisurely and do most things to your own timetable. Waiting for my OU work to come in the post and then I'll be starting my 3rd part time year.

Student finance for the course and for maintenance in place. Nearly done on my dependants form. Have sorted out all my paperwork though so it will be easier now to find what I need to fill in the form.

Kids have sorted another 2 bags of things to either be donated or car booted so now I do see a difference in the amount of things in there rooms. Still a long while to go but this time seems much better than before! Even getting rid of soft toys which is such a difficult thing for the kids to let go of.

Going to be a busy day tomorrow getting organised for the week ahead.
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Well kids agreed to packed lunches for the time being anyway so lunches made ready for the morning.
    I'm normally great until Wednesday night and then I just can't be bothered making them for Thursday and Friday so I have made some emergency sandwiches and put them in the freezer just incase haha

Kids in bed now hopefully getting up and ready in the morning won't be too much of a struggle.

Getting my prepayment electric meter changed for a credit meter tomorrow. My average spend is between £20-£25 a week :eek: I know they say that prepayment is the same cost as a credit meter but we'll soon see. I can't get a dual fuel discount as I don't have mains gas- we live in the sticks unfortunately. Roughly cost £50 a month on LPG averaged out. In the Summer obviously less but in the Winter could be a new bottle every 10 days !

Am spending £150 a month on Gas and Electric and reading through other peoples SOA's I can't help but be jealous that other people don't seem to spend as much :(

Am doing as much as I can to save electric including turning everything off in the mains and using the washing line but nothing seems to be making much difference- just can't get it less! :mad:
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Ok well so far this month i have shifted a 21.9%!!! apr debt to a very long 36 month 0% interest card ! yay

Have changed phone contracts. Was quite cheap anyway I think- £19pm for 2 but have managed to reduce it to £14.07 pm for 2 mobiles so a good job i think x

Have managed to buy about half (so far) of the kids Christmas presents WITHOUT using ANY credit at all- not even temporarily.
    Need to check my stores for gifts bought through the year for family as I'm sure I have managed to get most of them already.
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    October 1st:

Spent:
    £67 council tax - necessity
    £2.10 Groceries (bananas for packed lunches and advent calendars for the kids for a treat-oops)
    £3.75 Christmas present for sister
    £6 Christmas present for DD1 and DS
    £2.99 Christmas present for m-i-l

Total: £81.84 (£14.84 of avoidable spends)
    Total Debt:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills