Great What/What Not to Buy at Lidl, Aldi and Netto Hunt

Comments

• kansas_2
    kansas_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Added to this have to recommend aluminum foil which is thicker and stronger than most others, Freezer Bags, Peanuts, and Chocolate Raisons.
    Dont you just love a bargain?
  • If you are ever thinking of buying a computer ( desktop or laptop) you must check out the latest Aldi offers.I know it sounds cray but it is true.I spent a lot of time working in Dusseldorf ; in Germany Aldi sell more computers than anyone else.Aldi currently have a laptop on special offer that gets 5 stars everywhere in the computer papers/journals.
  • I have it on reasonably good authority that many of the Lidl products are from the same manufacturers as those in the other high street supermarkets. Although I do remember touring a bread factory in the Midlands a few years ago and noting that while the same bread was being produced for the discount supermarkets the "best before" date was at least one day longer.
    Anyway from Lidl my favorite products are the juices; smoked salmon; and muesli. The dishwaher powder works fine and mens perfume "eruption" smells like " farenheit" to my nose. ps The vac pack beetroot is cheaper in Morrisons.
  • Lidl

Buy Probiotic Drink....tastes good...89p for 4
    Proviact yogurts - natural and vanilla - 79p for 4

hmmmmmmm where's the wind gone? :o
  • essay_2
    essay_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Belgian Chocolate Sea Shells, Identical to leading brand but half the price.
    Florentines
    Chocolate coated peanuts, Choco Hopper 250g for 75p. Can't resist these.
    Sandwich bags, Freezer bags very good quality, Bin Liners.
    Dishwasher salt.
    All dried pasta, noodles and rice.
    All chocolate items.
    Tins boiled sweets. 200g 89p Mixed Fruit, Lemon, Cherry, Ice drops.
    Continental cheeses.
    Serviettes.
    Pack of 10 individual 4 ply x 10 paper hankies. 99p Great quality and value.
    Smoked ham 200g Vac Pack 89p, very good dry ham. Unlike similar priced supermarket ham dripping with water.
    Each year before Xmas they do great wrapping paper. I buy the plain foil wrap, very elegant.

LIDL HAVE A WEB SITE WHERE YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE CURRENT WEEKLY SPECIALS
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    My main shopping is now Lidl, only use others for top up and COMPARISON.
    Went to a recent TESCO SEMINAR, told 'em a thing or two, said they were finished.They grinned but then I mentioned Lidl and Aldi, I said "the oldies are queuing up ".Enjoyed that, got paid £15 as well.
    And, as already mentioned tis like a United Nations and open market, with a good atmosphere. Good fred, I mean thread.
  • Lidl vs Aldi - No Netto near me:

Lasagne - Lidl - defo more taste
    Wine - Aldi - won quite a few awards as well as being cheap
    Instant Noodles - Lidl - MUCH more flavour than Aldi - bigger pack sizes too

Lidl Buys
    Part boiled rice - hubby works away all week so is ideal for him as you get 4 bags in a box
    I lurrrve their Cheese & Chilli Dip for nacho's - Walkers used to do one but stopped (probably realised how unhealthy it is for you!!) and it the only thing I crave when hungover!!
    Jelly sweets

Aldi
    Seem to have gone off Aldi recenlty but did buy my laptop and digibox from there - had a problem with the laptop - DHL came to collect it - they repaired it and DHL brought it back within less than a week so I have no complaints about Aldi - also bought my skiwear from their - was amazed when on the piste that so had most of Andorra!!
  • lidl is my local budjet supermarket and i have tried a good few of their lines.

i think the foods that germany is renound for are the ones they do best.

beer, esp the pils in 500ml bottles is great.

cold meats, esp. black forest ham

some dairy products, esp. cheeses

some juices are brilliant, the naturally pressed (cloudy) apple juice is the best. the 100% juice fortiffied with multi-vits is good as is the pinapple juice.

also worth buying:

salted peanuts
    vodka
    jams
    tonic water
  • kalico
    kalico Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do Buy

Ginger biscuits especially and biscuits generally are good
    Diet Cola and Lemonade (not sure about non-diet)
    Orange Juice
    Coleslaw (excellent)
    Fruit and veg (better than Asda's) - less green etc
    Lager
    Jams and marmalade
    Tools & workwear (not the best by any means but excellent pricing and upto 99% of most people's DIY jobs)
    Nuts

Do not Buy
    Toilet paper (did I say tracing paper?)
  • Look out in fliers for occasional availability of bottled ales at Netto, eg Twaites, Sheperd Neame etc. Usually 99p for 500ml saving at least 50p on other stores.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure