How do I renovate my patio slabs to look like new again

Options
When my patio slabs are wet they look great the colour they were when I first bought them. As soon as they are dry they are horrible and faded looking. What can I put on them to keep them looking "wet-like" please.

Comments

• MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This shoud have it covered

http://www.pavingexpert.com/sealant_02.htm
  • Patrick20
    Patrick20 Posts: 754 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe you should hire a sandblaster to clean them before putting anything on them. It makes a big difference.
  • lavidaloca
    lavidaloca Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks they are clean just very dull. I have looked up the colour enhancer and there is a depot about 5 miles from me so will go and have a look tomorrow.
  • roysterer
    roysterer Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Done mine today with a pressure washer they came up like new. If you have not got a pressure washer you can pick one up for about £30ish from B&Q. Handy item to have for cleaning the car as well.
  • lavidaloca
    lavidaloca Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks have a pressure washer and have used this to clean them but they are still very dull and not the same as when new. As I said before, lovely when still wet after using the washer but very dull when dry.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you use a pressure washer on concrete slabs they come up looking absolutely great - BUT - they get tatty even quicker because the pressure washer takes off the hard outer layer.
  • freestylee
    Options
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    If you use a pressure washer on concrete slabs they come up looking absolutely great - BUT - they get tatty even quicker because the pressure washer takes off the hard outer layer.
    True but sealing the slabs helps prevent this and in block driveways it bonds the sand used to hold the blocks in place
  • diggerman123
    diggerman123 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    when doing renovations i brush boiling linseed oil into old brickwork it waterproofs them and brings the colour back up beautifully. lasts years too.
    not sure it would work on a patio but maybe worth a try
    we all have bad days , some more than others ..................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure