Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Comments

• sprogs
    sprogs Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Agutka wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Chessington and Thorpe charge for toddlers - everyone else seems to let little ones in for free...

Have a search for other Merlin threads - I seem to recall one a while back where somebody had taken their toddler to a venue where the qualified for free entry to pick up the passes and their photo was taken together for the pass meaning the toddler got free entry to all attractions for the year.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes, I've done that. Had a photo with my youngest sat on my knee and then that's still valid even when he turned 4 before my pass ran out. I had to provide his passport to prove he was still 3 at the time but that's because he's big for his age.

We still had to pay for him at the other merlin theme parks because he was over their height/age limit so the photo only applied for alton really.
    52% tight
  • boltonangel
    boltonangel Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Thanks OP, just ordered 3 individual gift vouchers for me,dh and 7yr old son.

I am so pleased. We have had merlin passes for a number of years but this year we didn't because we couldn't afford it! :) now we can!!

As someone else has said this offer should be on the main page and in the email.
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.

wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
    would love to win something 'proper'!!
  • vicki+1
    vicki+1 Posts: 737 Forumite
    this is tempting, wish i lived closer to some of them to make it worthwhile
  • Ritaroo
    Ritaroo Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post
    Can I ask those who mentioned a toddler being included in their photo/pass whether this was with a family pass or an individual adult pass?

I am very tempted but have 2 small children aged 3 and 4 and the youngest still goes free at Chessington because he is under 1 metre. This is where we will pick up the passes so if this is correct he could be included on mine at the moment. Just have to hope he doesn't grow too quickly!
  • SPL
    SPL Posts: 268 Forumite
    sorry - am sure i am being a bit stupid here but cant work out when the pass would start -

on the link it says from date of issue - does this mean the date when you physically get the pass and so therefore you would have to go to one of the places that can issue the photo? if that is the case does this mean that you could not use it at sealife beforehand?

Thanks for any help
  • froggy27_2
    froggy27_2 Posts: 953 Forumite
    thanks just ordered passes using the gift voucher option so they get delivered home. I can then decide where to go first.... I'm looking forward to making the most of them!!!
    A friend is a present which you give yourself (R.Stevenson)
    Happiness seems made to be shared (Jean Racine)
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    SPL wrote: »
    sorry - am sure i am being a bit stupid here but cant work out when the pass would start -

on the link it says from date of issue - does this mean the date when you physically get the pass and so therefore you would have to go to one of the places that can issue the photo? if that is the case does this mean that you could not use it at sealife beforehand?

Thanks for any help

the date of issue, is the date you visit the venue, and exchange your voucher for the photocard. no, gift vouchers cannot be redeemed at a sealife centre, so you would have to visit one of the other venues

tbh, if you cant easily get to any of the attractions that provide the photocard, and are only planning on using it at a sealife centre, then i wouldnt think that you will get your moneysworth from the pass, as you would have to visit at least 5 times, to break even

F
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    It looks as though Merlin have also been having a look at making changes this year to the passes, check out these new restrictions on the passes -

Entry is subject to attraction operating calendars. Standard pass exclusions include: No entry during the month of August at London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. No entry during Fright Nights at THORPE PARK. No entry on 14th February at the London Eye. No entry on 30th and 31st October at the London Eye and The London Dungeon.

It makes me wonder if they are looking at introducing a new 'Premium' Annual Pass ?? Maybe it will also include a free 'Fastrack' option ??
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • bargain_babs
    bargain_babs Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    bylromarha wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be nice if Tesco dropped the Clubcard price for the 10 days too?! :A

my thoughts too .......... anyone ask Tesco? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure