IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Meadowhall shopping centre POPLA Appeal CPPlus

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But NO KEEPERS can be held liable.

And there is NO EVIDENCE.

Just:

'that car belongs to a staff member and might not have been used for shopping that day by their wife/adult kids/family member...and we have obtained the duty lists data/had staff names confirmed by our client, which is against the DPA...'

I can't help but wonder if they are filing claims without caring about the correct state of play. It looks like they are riding roughshod over the BPA Code of Practice and the KADOE contract.

It looks like a feeding frenzy while they know that nobody will do a thing about it.
  • yes, they are paying up as soon as the court papers arrive, its madness!
    A small few are appealing but cp plus are making it difficult. its hard trying to get 64 year old women to know how to appeal has half of them don't even know how to copy and paste, there just sitting ducks.
    There is 7 others that are at the same stage as me, (letter before claim) so we've all hammed home the same points, no keeper liability.
    2 others are at court and have just sent back there defence so It will be interesting to see how that goes.
    Thanks coupon Mad, ill be putting a letter together for my Mp and will suggest that the others do the same.
    I was asked to do bbc Sheffield but declined at the time, maybe i should contact them again now considering the current amount of money been claimed at court.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    This is madness, CP Plus should not be winning ANY cases. What are people doing?!

Everyone should be appealing as keeper, on day 26 after the windscreen PCN. It's an easy tactic that later wins at POPLA. DO NOT wait for the NTK, the keeper CAN appeal a PCN.

This is DIABOLICAL and the group needs to contact your local MP, as well as complain to Steve Clark of the BPAevery time someone is refused a POPLA code or told they have to name the driver. EVERY TIME, every case goes to Steve Clark, and he should be told that CP Plus are out of control with their feeding frenzy at this site, which is an utter disgrace:

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

He can only address breaches of the BPA CoP. Refusing to give a POPLA code, and demanding to know who was driving and withholding a POPLA code for that, are both serious breaches.

This should be so easy, the tactic of appealing on day 26 of a windscreen PCN, and NOT waiting for a NTK, has been tried & tested, since it was first suggested around 2013/2014.

Yes CP Plus are flouting the BPA's Code of Practice in so many ways but as Graham Rose a director of CP Plus is also on the board of the BPA it wouldn't surprise me if any complaint is brushed under the carpet.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But NO KEEPERS can be held liable.

And there is NO EVIDENCE.

Just:

'that car belongs to a staff member and might not have been used for shopping that day by their wife/adult kids/family member...and we have obtained the duty lists data/had staff names confirmed by our client, which is against the DPA...'

Exactly this and it's a scam on an industrial scale and on a par with any Nigerian scam to fleece the vulnerable.

The MP for the constituancy that Meadowhall is in needs to be made aware that this is happening on her patch.

gill.furniss.mp@parliament.uk
  • RobinofLoxley
    RobinofLoxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 February 2018 at 1:09AM
    yes, they are paying up as soon as the court papers arrive, its madness!
    A small few are appealing but cp plus are making it difficult. its hard trying to get 64 year old women to know how to appeal has half of them don't even know how to copy and paste, there just sitting ducks.
    There is 7 others that are at the same stage as me, (letter before claim) so we've all hammed home the same points, no keeper liability.
    2 others are at court and have just sent back there defence so It will be interesting to see how that goes.
    Thanks coupon Mad, ill be putting a letter together for my Mp and will suggest that the others do the same.
    I was asked to do bbc Sheffield but declined at the time, maybe i should contact them again now considering the current amount of money been claimed at court.

I think it's also worth making the MP for the Meadowhall area aware of the scam going on in her constituency. A scam in which the elderly, infirm and vulnerable are being targeted.

The MP Gill Furniss is particularly keen on womens and low paid workers rights, as well as being Labour's Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs.

gill.furniss.mp@parliament.uk

Edit : I'll contact her myself as well to bring it to her attention.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2018 at 1:19AM
    I think that CP Plus are lobbying Parliament themselves.

Them and ParkingEye seem to be in the thick of it, allegedly, no doubt trying to paint a picture of non-rogue operators.

So CP Plus will HATE this being brought to the attention of relevant Ministers.

Go for it! Needs exposing. PUBLICITY NEEDED & ALL RELEVANT GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi PinkLady

Are you able to share the defence you used with POPLA please? My mothers in the same situation as you. And they have also ignored doctors notes too. Althouhg its past the POPLA stage now, it will be useful for future ones.
  • I've emailed MP Gill Furniss yesterday and had a reply stating under parliamentary rules they can only assist if I live within the Meadowhall constituency ehich i dont so ive emailed MP Clive Betts who is my MP.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2018 at 1:27AM
    Hi PinkLady

Are you able to share the defence you used with POPLA please? My mothers in the same situation as you. And they have also ignored doctors notes too. Althouhg its past the POPLA stage now, it will be useful for future ones.

All victims just appeal as KEEPER on day 26 after a windscreen PCN, saying there is no evidence as to who parked the car and no evidence of a contravention, which is denied. POPLA code please.

That bit is easy, it's done online, take a screenshot to prove submission went through.

Then at POPLA stage, the registered keeper appeals using the templates in the NEWBIES thread post #3, starting with one saying there is no evidence of any contravention as the car is not parked in a place where parking is not allowed, and there is no evidence as ti the driver, who cannot be assumed to be the registered keeper any more than they could be assumed to be a Meadowhall staff member.

Then the usual other template posints, to scare CP Plus off.

If no POPLA code arrives by 40 days after appealing, EVERYONE should bombard the BPA with a complaint every time, demanding their POPLA code and saying it seems that they are being withheld.

But EVERY victim should be clamouring to the local MP and the press, as 'registered keepers' NEVER saying who parked the car, just exposing the harassment and the fact that staff members have been sued and some numpties have paid silly money equivalent (probably) to a third of a full time annual salary, yet with no liability or evidence, and data being shared about employees that should not be.

This stinks on an industrial scale and needs to be stopped NOW. The above is a simple way to win.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the link does not work, sorry
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,785 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Redx wrote: »
    the link does not work, sorry

it does for me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors