Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Comments

• daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can see an mse meet up at burgh island:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:rotfl:

Daisy xxx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    newgirly wrote: »
    Nice kitchen Alex, I think you can get away with much more mixing of eras and styles nowadays.

Thanks, NG. I'm not sure about mixing eras and styles, to be honest even if I could get away with it.
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Ooh, marble instead of granite. Me likeeee :)

:). I try to think about what materials I want to use as much as the design.
    daisy_1571 wrote: »
    THAT IS A LOVELY KITCHEN !!! I ADORE art deco stuff (have just bought myself ANOTHER art deco design book which I gave to Mr d to give me for my birthday and I am so EXCITED to open it and start reading). I went American diner for my kitchen but my 1930s house would really be suited to make it more art deco 30s rather than suburban 30s. Page bookmarked for future drooling cheers Alex

Daisy xx

Thanks, Daisy. Glad to hear you like it.

Next time you should give your husband a few to choose from, at least you'll get a surprise that way. :)

'30's house without a deco kitchen requires a change, I think. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • daisy_1571 wrote: »
    It's on my list for when the dog goes, burgh island, portmeiron, Portugal and Disney world then back home to get more dogs and no holidays for another 12 years :rotfl:

Dxx

Ah, I'll look after your dogs! Or do a dog swap with a friend and you have theirs when they go away.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can have the Cunard room GG , I'm in the Malcolm Campbell room with lovely pink bath :smileyhea everybody else will have to fight over the other rooms :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    gallygirl wrote: »
    When I win the euro millions (note to self - start buying a ticket :rotfl:) I want a kitchen like that in my modern Art Deco style house. With this staircase. And this window is going somewhere. Maybe in the pool room :D. It will be such a wonderful house that when people see it (from the clifftop walk that goes quite, but not too, close by ;)), they will look at it and smile at its beauty :happyhear:happyhear:happyhear.

:D

Like the window and the house in different settings. However, the staircase ... :eek:.
    I :blushing: the herringbone pattern floor in that window pic gallygirl

Agree the parquet flooring looks good in that setting but it reminds me of the flooring in the ugliest buildings in my old senior school. :rotfl:
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Oh my. Okay, I had to follow the links after Daisy and Gally were both so enthusiastic. And I see what you mean. The kitchen, Alex, looks like it belongs on an oceangoing liner from the 30s, it looks *so* beautiful! And I remembered the art deco house on the front at Southport http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/69050787.jpg which isn't as spectacular, but its a living breathing house.

It's wonderful. :) Don't believe it's right for my setting but I appreciate it nevertheless.

I love to see buildings from different eras with features intended to be there. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    When I win the lottery I will pay off my mortgage & have a new conservatory :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Oh these links are amazing. I can't decide if I want to live in the houses or opposite them so I can see them every day. Love love love. Might have to go off and watch a poirot so I can dream..............

Daisy xx

Live in to appreciate the interior as well as the exterior features, Daisy. :)
    I always coveted one of these flats when we lived near Southend-on-Sea http://media.rightmove.co.uk/dir/11k/10117/31580556/10117_3343A_AE005525_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.JPG They are on the cliffs above the seafront

I've always craved a sea view but I suppose that's what living in the middle of the country does. :rotfl:
    This deserves more than just being able to 'thank' it what a beautiful wee scenario to describe :heartpuls:happylove:happyhear:happyhear: and just for good luck :xmastree:

Daisy xx

Think you've made Daisy's week. Gally. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Some lovely piictures there GG. Has anyone heard of the Burgh island hotel in Devon? Poirot was filmed there, my parents have stayed and said it's a real Deco step back in time, tuxedos for dinner, no TVs's and modern stuff. I'd love to go but maybe when mf :D

Mrs. K. and I have been there and can attest it is worth visiting. :)
    It's on my list for when the dog goes, burgh island, portmeiron, Portugal and Disney world then back home to get more dogs and no holidays for another 12 years :rotfl:

Dxx

Do you not have a friend to look after your dog? :)
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Oh what a beautiful house KC :).

"Adds to Bucket List" :D. I'll have the
    LARGE DOUBLE (CUNARD)

Suite gives you a sitting room with a stunning view, Gally. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I can see an mse meet up at burgh island:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Daisy xxx

So, you're suggesting we all meet at Burgh Island for a dodgy hug, Daisy? ;)
    Ah, I'll look after your dogs! Or do a dog swap with a friend and you have theirs when they go away.

There you go. :D
    You can have the Cunard room GG , I'm in the Malcolm Campbell room with lovely pink bath :smileyhea everybody else will have to fight over the other rooms :D

Knew you'd choose the pink bath, NG. :rotfl:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's similar to the bathroom in the film the shining, tried to get it for our bathroom in green but it was impossible (much to dh's joy!).

Was it worth the money there Alex?
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure