My name's Emz and I'm rubbish at diaries!

Options
Hi everyone

I'm not going to write some long, convoluted post about why I'm rubbish at diaries and keep on checking out of DFW land for ages at a time.

Bottom line: It needs to stop and it needs to stop today. I can't go on like this and must get something done.

So with that in mind, I'm again tackling my electric arrears, which need to be gone ASAP. Ideally by the end of the year, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I can but try though.

The balance is currently £1,592.44. There are 90 days left of this year (:eek:), so that means clearing just under £18 a day, plus the additional charges that will be added in that time.

So, simple plan to do this - get as much extra money coming in as possible (including vouchers to help pay for Christmas) and stop as much money going out as possible.

I'll try my best to come on here each day and list the positive steps I've taken towards this goal.

Emz xx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy new diary Emz x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck Emz xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Happierdays
    Options
    All the best with your debt busting-you sound determined emz!
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Emz sneaks back in and hopes that nobody notices she's been AWOL for over a month :mad:

Did I mention I'm rubbish at keeping diaries? Nothing much has happened since I last posted. Very annoyed with myself for losing motivation yet again.

At least my electric arrears haven't grown (I paid some off to clear what had been added on). In an attempt to motivate myself again to get these flaming arrears cleared once and for all, I'm going to give myself 100 days to get it done.
    I will get the £1,570 left cleared by the 15th February 2018!!

I will, I will, I will, I will!!

Emz xx
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi Emzilla

It's good that you have returned and the debt hasn't increased.

So.......... You have set yourself a tough target with Christmas in the middle.

Have you done an SOA ?

What are you going to do to make the extra money?
    - have you got anything to sell?
    - can you save by menu planning and reducing groceries?

How are you going to tackle your first ten days?

Good luck
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Emzilla
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Hi Emzilla

It's good that you have returned and the debt hasn't increased.

So.......... You have set yourself a tough target with Christmas in the middle.

Have you done an SOA ?

What are you going to do to make the extra money?
    - have you got anything to sell?
    - can you save by menu planning and reducing groceries?

How are you going to tackle your first ten days?

Good luck
    Pauline

Hi Pauline

I like your idea of splitting it into 10 days. 10 day chunks might be the way to go - £157 every 10 days.

I've got a few different ways of earning extra - it's just getting my backside in gear and actually doing them!!

Main ways are:

Surveys
    Mystery shopping
    Textbroker

With Christmas, I'm trying to be organised, get bargains and get stuff with Amazon vouchers from surveys.

So, first £157 is due by 16th November.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Day 2 of 100.

Trying to get organised for Christmas. My sister ordered a Lego set for my niece from her Amazon balance the other day, as it was £10 cheaper than usual and we didn't know how long it would be that price. It costs £60 in Tesco, but we got it for £37. So I owe my sister that Amazon money. I've already paid her back £10 (£5 Swagbucks and £5 Pinecone).

I've also got £15 in my Amazon account and my nephew wants a Simpsons Scaletrix set which is £25. I've also got my niece a craft set for £5 from Tesco (got that a while ago).

Nothing paid off the debt today, but I get paid on Friday, so will see if I can clear anything off it then. We are going for a meal with OH's parents on Saturday though. We're meeting them "halfway", which often means we go further than them. So, we'll have petrol money to pay out and will probably pay for the meal. It's his mother's birthday next week, so I doubt they'll pay half.

Plus we'll have to order her a bunch of flowers for her actual birthday. But I'll get those from M&S, so I get my staff discount.

OH gets paid on Friday next week, so I'll be able to make a bigger payment then.

Emz xx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello Emz

So good to see you again :)

I have 1300 on the CC (Don't I always?) So will keep track along side you maybe us too old regulars can do it together?

Love Buffy

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Hello Emz

So good to see you again :)

I have 1300 on the CC (Don't I always?) So will keep track along side you maybe us too old regulars can do it together?

Love Buffy

XX

Hey Buffy :)

Lovely to see you too. I'll pop over to your diary and catch up soon.

I'll definitely cheer you on to clear that £1,300. We can do it!! :D

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you Emz.
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure