Home Insurance Fire Claim Diary

Comments

• baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    if the diary is still in the past would it not be better to just post an up to date version rather than post 1 or 2 lines a day?
    If you cant write it in the evening then write it during the day and save it so you can post in the evening.

Can i ask what you hope to achieve with the diary? and more importantly why your posting it here?
  • Appreciate Day 17 is lengthy but it is a key day, it will be good if thoughts can be shared.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    are you asking for other peoples thoughts or just stating your thoughts and sharing them?
    You have not asked anyone a question or said why you are posting a day by day account and people will be loathed to say anything as nobody knows the recent outcome, only you know this.

Perhaps if you make your intentions a bit clearer you will get more feedback.
  • baza52 wrote: »
    are you asking for other peoples thoughts or just stating your thoughts and sharing them?
    You have not asked anyone a question or said why you are posting a day by day account and people will be loathed to say anything as nobody knows the recent outcome, only you know this.

Perhaps if you make your intentions a bit clearer you will get more feedback.

Thanks, I can accept suggestions like this.

My main question on Day 17 is if Belfor's reasoning is valid or not? Is it standard company procedure? Has anyone had any similar experiences? Thanks,
  • Day 24
    Called Cunningham Lindsey to ask Belfor to proceed with the cleaning works, no definitive answer was provided. Also asked if the gutter can be fixed now so that rain water does not fall on the side of the house.
    Called Belfor to ask when they are going to continue, they said they will call back today, but they did not.
  • Day 25
    Called Belfor again, they booked a bricks cleaning outside the house on Day 31 and Day 32, still no news on cleaning inside the house. Is this right that Belfor has not cleaned the soot inside the house after 25 days, is this industry standard?
  • Day 27
    Called Belfor again, now they said they did most of the internal cleaning already on Days 17-21, I said no they have to complete the internal cleaning, Belfor said he will ask the team that went to the property and return the call, he did not.
  • Day 31

Belfor visit to clean the bricks, started at the loft, but cannot start at the front bricks as the mobile crane did not arrive on time.
  • What can I do to get Belfor to complete the internal cleaning?
  • Mungo76
    Mungo76 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Complain as per the procedure in your policy booklet, go to the CEO etc.

Nice and simple, I wish to complain, my claim is taking too long, I cannot get straight answers from your appointed agents. Please resolve it or appoint someone competent to do so.

Bypass the adjusters, don't make the complaint to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure