the demise of Ebico

Comments

• Ilona wrote: »
    This is exactly the same as me. I have been updating my meter readings on my online account, and now they send me a letter asking for the readings because they want to send me a bill. The letter is dated 7th July, but not received until the 14th. I already sent readings on 2nd, 9th, and now today the 14th.

I don't think their departments are talking to each other.

Ilona
    Or you didn't read the whole letter?
  • whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 689
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I will be leaving SSE soon, now that they have reneged on their promise to honour their commitment to allow me to remain on a "no standing charge" tariff.
    Just one question though please. When switching to Ebico or RHE or Ebico/RHE -who is it now best to initially approach?
    Thanks.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Or you didn't read the whole letter?

Are you questioning my intelligence? Of course I read the whole letter.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Ilona wrote: »
    Are you questioning my intelligence? Of course I read the whole letter.

Ilona

So you read this bit?

We will be producing a bill for you in the next week. Please could you provide up-to-date meter reading(s) within the next five days so that we can use them when calculating your bill. If you have recently given us your reading, please disregard this letter.
  • Ilona
    So you read this bit?

We will be producing a bill for you in the next week. Please could you provide up-to-date meter reading(s) within the next five days so that we can use them when calculating your bill. If you have recently given us your reading, please disregard this letter.

Yes, I did read that bit, but why are they wasting money sending out letters when they already have my readings? It's annoying. I try and keep up to date, try and be helpful, keep in touch with them, and they ignore me and send a letter.

I still say their departments are not talking to each other.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ilona wrote: »
    It's annoying.

Quite :cool:

Good luck!
  • squiggles
    squiggles Posts: 1,635
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So far so good with Ebico/RHE.

I switched by postal method with the slip you had to sign because I couldn't get through by phone and website came up as error. My switch date was 21st April. All communication was by post as I didn't set up a direct debit payment.

Today 21st July I got a letter asking for my meter readings. Letter states my bills are going to be processed within 7 days, letter was sent 16th July. I phoned up my readings because it thought it would be quicker than email if my bill was due out now. It was an automated line and I key padded my account number and meter readings.

Just waiting for my bill now. I prefer to pay my bills quarterly like the old days LOL.
  • I did the automatic change-over with Ebico from SSE to Robin Hood.
    Totally hassle free. Being a small firm you even get promptly answered calls and friendly staff. Lets hope when the tariffs change in December that they don't rise too much
  • Ilona
    This is exactly the same as me. I have been updating my meter readings on my online account, and now they send me a letter asking for the readings because they want to send me a bill. The letter is dated 7th July, but not received until the 14th. I already sent readings on 2nd, 9th, and now today the 14th.

I don't think their departments are talking to each other.

Ilona

First bill has arrived today, for period 12 April - 11 July. The gas part is ok, what I expected, the electric part is estimated, and double what it should be. I don't know why they have estimated it, they have both readings.

I see that the electric readings which were previously missing on my online history, have now appeared. It is there in black and white, 3486, they have estimated it at 3993. I now have to email them, shouldn't have to do this if their departmental systems are compatible with each other.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite

I still say their departments are not talking to each other.

Ilona

That is a quaint notion.

No humans are involved in the production(initially) of any bill - it is all down to the all seeing, all knowing, Computer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure