IRESA - refusing switch ; DO NOT USE!

Options

Comments

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    It might be worth you keeping an eye on this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5477354&page=43

icharus is phoning Iresa this morning as he is in exactly the same position as yourself. His switch has also been blocked for no apparent reason and he will probably provide an update on there if and when he manages to get someone at Iresa to actually answer the phone and provide him with a reason for them blocking his switch.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for help

Still unable to speak with them and they do not reply to emails

They are still blocking my transfer to edf

I am submitting weekly meter readings by email

They seem to have received SOME of the gas ones but the electricity side of things is a mess - they have the opening redaing incorrectly above my current readings so reject my electricity readings - I have phots of the meter so they are wrong but as its impossible to talk to them I cannot get it resolved

So frustrating as I do not want to be there customer but they have trapped me!

I've requested a complaints number - no response

I've requested escalation - no response

Each to their own but I would encourage anyone not to go anywhere near this shower

Iresa has also blocked my switch with no explanation. I believe this to be in contravention of the licensing regulations and have sent an e-mail to Ofgem regarding this. They are not responding to my Complaint e-mail. Like you I am in limbo. There seems no way out with this company.

I intended to phone them this morning and wait in their usual hourly queue, however, my direct debit is due today, so I will wait until that is showing on my account and creating an even larger credit, then I will phone.

Please send an e-mail to Ofgem stating your belief that they are in contravention of their licensing conditions.
  • Mistermeaner
    Mistermeaner Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    done

will let you know if i get any response
    Left is never right but I always am.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for help

Still unable to speak with them and they do not reply to emails

They are still blocking my transfer to edf

I am submitting weekly meter readings by email

They seem to have received SOME of the gas ones but the electricity side of things is a mess - they have the opening redaing incorrectly above my current readings so reject my electricity readings - I have phots of the meter so they are wrong but as its impossible to talk to them I cannot get it resolved

So frustrating as I do not want to be there customer but they have trapped me!

I've requested a complaints number - no response

I've requested escalation - no response

Each to their own but I would encourage anyone not to go anywhere near this shower

A month on and you still haven't taken the advice is post 2? :eek:

You are able to make a complaint from your Iresa account online. ;)
  • icharus
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »

God luck with that!! It hasn't worked for me yet.
  • Mistermeaner
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »

You mean start a formal complaint?

Did that weeks ago via the website and the various email and a posted letter

No response
  • icharus
    Options
    My direct debit was taken yesterday but is not showing on my account as yet, so I have not joined the phone queue, for what will probably be a waste of time anyway.

It would appear that the only resolution we are going to get with this company is when it goes under and Ofgem has to take over and sort the mess out.

You think that you have consumer protection, but you actually don't when it comes to this type of company.

The complaints are continuing to mount up on this site, Trustpilot, and Facebook etc. They are serious complaints and the complainants are getting nowhere. E-mail complaints and phones are not being answered etc. Ofgem must have more than enough evidence by now, yet nothing appears to being done at that end.

I can only assume that eventually the SHTF and with the involvement of Ofgem we will have to extricate ourselves from the mess over time.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 May 2017 at 1:02PM
    Options
    You mean start a formal complaint?

Did that weeks ago via the website and the various email and a posted letter

No response

Ah good :)

I misunderstood your last post - I thought you were suggesting you could not start a complaint because you were unable to contact the supplier, but I'm gald you have done so.

Can I ask how many weeks ago you started the complaint?
    I can see you only started this thread about 4 weeks ago, and the first response then was to advise you to start a complaint.

Then later in this thread you didn't seem to know what the complaint procedure was. (post #11)
    Presumably you have now informed yourself all about it and saw that the supplier actually has 8 weeks from start of the complaint to resolve it

Good luck!
  • Mistermeaner
    Options
    thanks;

can;t remember exact dates - I have all the emails but won't trwal back through them! Complaints procedure amounted to little more than adding complaints@iresa... to the email address i was contacting (which variously include info@iresa... readings@iresa customerservice@iresa enquiries:iresa etc. etc.

I have very clearly stated I want my issue to be regustered as a formal complaint, to be provided with a complaint number and also for my complaint to be escalated
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 May 2017 at 1:14PM
    Options

I have very clearly stated I want my issue to be regustered as a formal complaint, to be provided with a complaint number and also for my complaint to be escalated

It's not going to happen. My experience so far is that this supplier doesn't respond any differently to normal queries or complaints.

Edit: Out-of-interest, I thought that I would call to ask why my industry-validated closing gas meter reading isn't showing on my account. 'You are caller No 39' was the response. I will let it play out a little longer but I am not optimistic of an early resolution - even with The EO now involved in the revision of my bills (the few that I have).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure