The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks. That's a good idea which I hadn't thought of.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    hex2 wrote: »
    Much sympathy from me on the meltdown, it's really hard just having to suck it all in.

If it helps you have inspired me to get on instead of just despairing at the house. I've booked a long avoided oven clean for next week which means as a minimum the back hall, kitchen and cloakroom must be fit to be seen. I can't book the rug doctor till enough carpet is visible to make it worthwhile. I've hand scrubbed the back hall floor instead of just taking the surface dirt off with the steam mop. I've downloaded the sample chapter to read later.

Maybe work out the break even point on the mortgage transfer? I worked it out for the credit card and thought the reduced stress was worth the fee, and as it happens it worked out cheaper for us.

If we can all encourage each other Hex2 then it's worthwhile. I've never has a professional oven clean, but my oven is old and rusty so it's not really worth it. It's something I would do if I ever get a new one (with a new kitchen).

I'm not a natural housekeeper proven by the fact that three days after planning to buy stuff I still don't have the cleaning stuff i need. :o:o

Rug doctor....I knew there was something I needed to book. Thanks. I might have a go at my bedroom carpet this time too but will need to nail it down in places as it's not fitted properly.

Today finished on a positive note. I spent some time in the garden and have been planning on moving my greenhouse for a while. I had laid slabs roughly where I wanted it but I have now changed my mind. I've decided on a better position and it won't seem to be taking up so much of the garden and it will give a nice space to put a table and chairs. I will also have a beer view down the garden when the small person is out playing.

On a less positive note the ruddy slugs have been having a field day and a badger keeps popping up in parts of the garden leaving holes. My veg idea is going to have to be fought over this year. Cheeky beggars.

Being outside and getting dirty makes me feel much better.:) fingers crossed for another nice day tomorrow.

Night all. Time for bed.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    So sorry to hear about DSs meltdown. Big hugs for coping.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Morning diary

Thank you Bob. It's something I just need to learn to deal with but it's very hardT times.

I got up early and have managed to vacuum, tidy, put out the recycling and wash up so far.

I was planning to spend some hours in the garden today but I have woken up to an damp start. Never mind. I could do what I wanted To do but I would end up very muddy and compact the the soil to much.

I have a few jobs first thing. I need to pop DS's new trainers back as the toe has started to come away from the front" he has onlys rn them three times. Then I need to pop to the bank and also buy the elusive cleaning stuff.

When I return I'm going to get DS to help me continue to paint the hall. It needs to be finished so. Can sort the floorboards. Later I need to book his birthday party and write a list of who he wants to ask and get the invites done.

I must get dressed now, it's flying by this morning.

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning - chuckled at the 'beer view' from the greenhouse.

Badgers are a right pain in the garden sadly. My dad has a collection of pop bottles and old cds dangling round the edges of his garden to deter them after a major invasion. I must ask if it helped. We don't get badgers, just moles and invasive weeds.

I read the sample chapter and liked it, and found her blog too. Thanks for the suggestion, it has helped.

Hope you have a productive day. I did the back hall and cloakroom (properly!) so must focus on the kitchen today. I've got a 9 year old rangemaster so worth a proper clean, I've tried myself but it's years of neglect.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • parsniphead
    Oops its should have said better view. :rotfl:

Hex, a rangemaster, im jealous. Well done on sorting the hall and cloakroom. The only problem is that the sorted areas make the rest look worse. Im getting annoyed with certain rooms.

She does go on about washing up a lot which is not an area i struggle with. I just changed it to vacuuming. I hate vacuuming, but surprisingly its helping with the dust problem.

Have a good day.

• i too am a lazy housekeeper. the difference is that i am determined to run down the stocks of cleaning products that I buy and then don't use!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    edited 20 April 2017 at 10:38AM
    i too am a lazy housekeeper. the difference is that i am determined to run down the stocks of cleaning products that I buy and then don't use![/QUO]

:rotfl: At least you buy the stuff. I've just brought some bleach and surface cleaner and realised I forgot polish again.:p I give up.

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I agree on washing up, years of flylady got me to see that dirty dishes annoy me so I just get stuff in the DW. Hate coming down to dirty dishes so I sort them every night. What I have got is mess blindness, I don't even see it any more or I think I will sort it 'one day' instead of just getting on and doing it. Your point about cleaning fairies rang a bell with me. I know nobody else in this house sees it as a priority or indeed cares enough to do it unprompted and I stopped wasting negative energy on getting upset about that years ago (another book taught me that).

On that basis, knowing that I have to do some paid stuff for a couple of hours this morning, I took two sets of filthy curtains down and shoved them in the washing machine. Next break I will scrub the rails and window frames down. The curtains came with the house, and are probably at least 20 years old. They may just simply disintegrate if the dirt stops holding hands, but the worst case is I have plenty of fabric for OH to sew some new ones (he can sew straight, I can't!).

Sorry, I must stop using your diary as my personal cleaning thread!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • parsniphead
    I don't mind Hex, it encourage me.:) or kicks me up the bum.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure