Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• AMO77
    AMO77 Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Broker tells me Nationwide are doing a final review of my documents and will "action" my application by close of business today. They requested 2 extra docs: tax overview to go with my sa302 as I. Both salaried and SE, and a utility bill showing Flat 504 not just 504.
    Other than that they have assessed all original documentation and not come back with anything extra.
    Hoping hoping I get a YES today
  • catrobinson
    catrobinson Posts: 25 Forumite
    Mortgage approved subject to valuation!
    Allowing myself to be just a little bit excited now!
  • becksh1981
    becksh1981 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2015 at 4:05PM
    Come to join everyone. We Are FTB buying a new build through HTB. Nervous wait now. Our timeline so far is as follows

30/04 - reserved our plot
    05/05 - HTB Application sent off
    07/05 - Authority to proceed received
    15/05 - Mortgage application completed - nothing being sent off to nationwide until Monday though as too late to send it today
    18/05 - application received by nationwide

Good luck to everyone waiting on their offer.
  • damianmcr
    damianmcr Posts: 157 Forumite
    Well me and my fianc!e put in our application today. I'm not very confident but pur broker is very highly rated and seems confident. Should hear something back as early as next week.
  • AMO77
    Despite the "action by end of business today" email, nothing materialised. Another weekend spent wondering...
  • Jon_B_2
    Jon_B_2 Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Post
    New build purchase here. House isn't finished til November, so broker has timed application to now, to hopefully have offer by the end of May. Judging by the comments on this thread, that may well be slightly optimistic...

Jan - Reserved plot and qualified for mortgage through broker

12/05/15 - AIP through Nationwide
    13/05/15 - Met broker and passed over all documents (3 months bank statements, child benefit letter, 1 month payslips)
    14/05/15 - Full application received by Nationwide
    15/05/15 - Text from Nationwide confirming valuation booked for Monday 18th May
  • cressey1984
    cressey1984 Posts: 20 Forumite
    I'm pretty much on the same timeline as you Jon B.

01/05/15 offer accepted on our property
    03/06/15 got AIP from TSB. Put deposit down on a Barratts new build.
    12/05/15 met with broker from New Homes Group gave all docs
    14/05/15 application submitted to TSB and broker assured me I'll hear next week from my dedicated processor

I hate waiting for things I'm so anxious all the time. I also don't feel very confident as we've promised TSB we'll pay all our credit cards off before completion, and we are asking for a very large mortgage. Broker feels confident apparently!
  • ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    kep79 wrote: »
    25 Mar - agreed price
    12 May - application fully packaged by broker
    Just wondering why you waited 7 weeks before applying for your mortgage?
  • AMO77
    So now I'm seriously panicking as Nationwide didn't get back to me by the end of yesterday as hoped to "action" my case as broker promised, what this means. Does "action" mean to send out an offer?
    In fairness they asked for the few extra docs (tax overviews and another proof of address), having assessed all initial docs. So does this mean they were happy with initial docs, otherwise I would have heard something from them about there being an issue by now?
    These requested docs were uploaded on Monday. My broker assured me that it's all going in the right direction but he isn't very good at the reassuring aspect of this which I need.
    Only buying 30% shared ownership, applying for a mortgage of £87,600 and have. £60,000 deposit. Salary (salaried and Self employed) at £39,000. Debt to be cleared and very good credit. Valuation was fine.
    Bank holiday didn't help I'm sure, or the requesting of these other docs.
    Does this all sound on track to the wise people here? I'm so stressed out.
    Got a DIP quickly but full mortgage app went in on April 28, nearly 2 weeks ago.
  • stassy23
    stassy23 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Well my journey so far.
    Viewed house and liked it.
    11/05/15 redone aip with Santander last one ran out aip accepted
    12/05/15 put offer in on house offer accepted
    14/05/15 full mortgage application done
    Im not feeling confident just who i am i suppose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback