Liabilities of charity trustees, and how trustees are determined

124»

Comments

• stoozie1
    stoozie1 Posts: 656 Forumite
    00ec25 wrote: »
    if you are sure you have legally resigned what is this thread about? It seems to be about you having doubts that your resignation is valid?

there is a legal "test", it is the review of the actions taken by the people involved in the charity to see which of them is performing trustee level activities as explained in the links already given. It is a matter of judgement based upon the facts of the individual case. If you wish to think of it as what would the man in the street reasonably think then that is precisely the test because they would be given the link, read what it means to be a trustee and then see if what you did, in what context, and with whom, fits that bill.

Yes I am concerned that I could still be deemed a trustee.

I don't make management decisions, and I have kept an audit trail where possible of not doing so.

I understand that you are saying there's nothing further, so thanks for your time.

I don't think the fears that I have can be solved by reading the charity commission guidance, and was hoping someone may know more, hopefully they still will comment, as it does trouble me a lot.
    Save 12 k in 2018 challenge member #79
    Target 2018: 24k Jan 2018- £560 April £2670
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family