Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over?

Comments

• emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    is it perfume sets too?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • haz25a
    haz25a Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I got "premium beauty" stuff online last year on Christmas Day in the evening. Dior, Clarins, Clinique fragrance and beauty xmas gift sets tend to be in the sale at 50% off. I'm hoping to get some more this year.
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Yep the 50% sale isn't that great as 342 is essentially a 33% sale (kind of!)

My advice as a seasoned and long standing Boots 75% Sale-er is:

"If you see it in the 50% sale and really want it, then buy it" because it won't be there for the 75%

The 75% is full of the stuff they generally can't get rid of and it is TOTALLY pot luck what you get. Most of the best stuff goes in the 50% sale (thats not to say you dont get fab bargains in the 75% sale, all I mean is there is much less selection) :) (oh..but the foody type gifts ALWAYS seem to make it into the 75% sale!)

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• i have seen signage that confirms it will be a 50% sale to start with ....( ts not what you know its who you work for)
    Come on Ilson ....:footie:
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Do Boots let you return sale items? Just thinking if you bought sometihng in the 50% sale, then it was later reduced to 75% could you return it and buy a new one?
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • BlueCow1975
    BlueCow1975 Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    EmH wrote: »
    Given how tight Mr B has been this year, I am expecting a 25% off sale instead of a 50% off, with only half the usual stock actually in the sale. And then a 30% off sale instead of a 75% off sale, and finally a 5 minute 50% off sale instead of the 90%. Throughout the sales assistants will be poorly advised, and will all say different things, and the web site will crash randomly and regularly whether anyone is using it or not.

:rotfl:too true!! This made me smile - and so begineth another round of guessing when the 75% sale is. Just hope they have sorted their technology out after last years fiasco!!
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Do Boots let you return sale items? Just thinking if you bought sometihng in the 50% sale, then it was later reduced to 75% could you return it and buy a new one?

If you save the receipt, you should be able to return it and receive the price you paid. Not sure how long you have to make returns, it should say on the back of the receipt. It's iffy whether they would let you rebuy the item you returned, but you could certainly pluck another one off the shelves and pay the 75% off price for it, then bring in the first one you bought with the receipt for a refund.
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

Given that the site crashed repeatedly last year and they withdrew the 75% sale in the end my guess would be that the sale will stay at 50% off, with maybe a higher discount in store. Also if it crashes still with the soap & glory promotion they obviously haven't worked out how to fix it!

Like most others I managed to get some birthday / Christmas presents sorted for this year, which helps with finances being a bit tight now, but I was bleary eyed from staying up half of the night trying to get items in the 75% sale.
  • Last year Boots went to 75%off in store on January 14th.
  • bebebelle
    bebebelle Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2009 at 11:40AM
    I will not . I repeat will not, be buying in the Boots online sale this year. i nearly lost my mind last year. It is such a shambles. The site is the root of all evil lol.

I cant believe such a huge company cant employ a couple of super clever IT kids, to sort this disgrace of a website out.
    I appreciate Each and Every win. I thank every comp poster from the bottom of my heart :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure