Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Comments

• WestHamDaz wrote: »
    Posted my experience on the main thread regarding our trip to Cyprus with BA. so here is a cut down version of events for this specific thread.

Nov 6th - 5 hour delay out of LHR to Cyprus
    Nov 12th - Letter sent to BA based on standard template

No reply after 14 days so sent an email from their online 'contact us' page

Still to reply or acknowledgement so resent an online message during the Christmas break stating this was the final opportunity to respond before I begin court action.

Still no response from BA.

Tuesday 8th Jan I receive an email from BA rom one of their euro claims people stating our claim for compensation has been accepted and to send our bank details and they'll pay €800 (£641.60) into it.

Checked my bank today and the money went in yesterday.

Do you have an actual email address or did you just use the online contact form? I appear to be going in circles trying to find an email address.

I sent my initial letter to the address on the website in November but it has not been acknowledged yet; hoping that following your example above might bring me success.

Thanks
  • I couldn't find an e-mail address either so used the contact form just after the new year. I'd heard nothing so rang early last week. I was told me claim had been received and passed to the 'EU Compensation team' and they'd get back to me in due course. Should I file a claim or wait this out? I'm fairly sure I'm entitled to the compensation as our flight from Gatwick to LA was delayed nearly 6 hours by a normal technical problem. Any advice appreciated! Mat
  • Ok just had a conversation with very nice BA lady. She said they were working on them but had a backlog of several thousand - said they had 90 days to respond but I don't know where she gets that from! I don't know whether to wait or put in a claim that they'll have to respond to in 14 days - any thoughts?! Mat
  • Well at least I get some reassurance from this thread. I first made contact with BA via their website in late October. Since then I've sent several emails and two recorded delivery letters, and the last one being an NBA in early December. The response from BA? Absolutely nothing apart from an automated email thanking me for first contacting them. I have rung them twice, the last time being earlier this month when they said my case was with their legal department and as they have 90 days to respond I should hear from them later this month. I am encouraged though when I read about some people's successful claims with them.
  • loates123
    loates123 Posts: 798 Forumite
    Has anyone ever got any think back from ba from outside the eu

I had a flight delayed from Tampa to Gatwick for 24 hrs in july they did put me up in a hotel etc but still was a pain

Some said it was because of too much traffic flying into Gatwick due to the Olympics others said that ba were short staffed

I was going to complain to ba in writing but i am yet to see any success stories so far so guess i would be wasting my time :cool:
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    loates123 wrote: »

I had a flight delayed from Tampa to Gatwick for 24 hrs in july they did put me up in a hotel etc but still was a pain

Some said it was because of too much traffic flying into Gatwick due to the Olympics others said that ba were short staffed

I was going to complain to ba in writing but i am yet to see any success stories so far so guess i would be wasting my time :cool:

You have asked this twice now, and the reply is the same as before, there are now dozens of successful claims with BA.
  • trolleyrun
    trolleyrun Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    loates123 wrote: »

Was your flight 26th July?

http://www.thebasource.com/?s=Tampa

Might help, but if it's the wrong date feel free to ignore :)
  • (cross posted in main thread also)

First of all thanks to all in the forum for your help Centipede, mark2spark and blindman to name a few.

Recieved a letter today stating that I will be paid compensation E400 pp BA0640 LHR-ATH 25/08/2012 ~4.5 hr destination delay. Timeline as follows

Sep 2012 filed intent to claim
    Oct 2012 filed formal claim
    Dec 2012 reminder of claim via email
    Jan 2013 BA responded conceeding valid claim

Have to say I was expecting to have look at legal options so am very happy - this has restored my faith in BA somewhat, they clearly do value their customers more than other airlines.
  • Brilliant news here! Came home to find two letters waiting for me, one from BA confirming that i am entitled to compensation for my family's delayed flights back in June and another enclosing a cheque for £1,450.20! Thanks to everyone on these forums for their patient guidance and support. :j
    Well at least I get some reassurance from this thread. I first made contact with BA via their website in late October. Since then I've sent several emails and two recorded delivery letters, and the last one being an NBA in early December. The response from BA? Absolutely nothing apart from an automated email thanking me for first contacting them. I have rung them twice, the last time being earlier this month when they said my case was with their legal department and as they have 90 days to respond I should hear from them later this month. I am encouraged though when I read about some people's successful claims with them.
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We are due to fly long haul on Sunday from Gatwick. Hopefully all will be well with the weather but it looks dodgy.

Flight and hotel booked direct with BA via BA website.

Someone says that BA will refund flight costs if a flight is delayed by 5 hours or more even if caused by weather.

Is this true?

Would they also have to refund the hotel cost as it was booked with them.......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback