Claiming against Norwegian Airlines

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps a little change - correct term is Extraordinary Circumstance, not exception.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Hope it helps a couple of folk that Norwegian Airlines are UK registered at Companies House and their registered address is:

First Point, Buckingham Gate, Gatwick Airport, England, RH6 0NT

which means they can be pursued via the UK route, I guess.
  • sensibleshoes
    Options
    After submitting my claim 5 weeks ago for 2 cancelled flights & re routing to another airport, Norwegian have accepted my claim under the EU261 directive.

I would find it incredible they didn't accept it but reading reviews by other passengers I was worried they would reject it just to be awkward with the hope I would stop the claim.

Just got to wait for the money, no doubt another 5 weeks!
  • sensibleshoes
    Options
    Compensation payment received from Norwegian Air for the same flight cancelled twice & a re routing to get me home. From start to finish it took 9 weeks. I didn't chase them by sending follow up emails or letters. Relieved it's all over, I'm not sure I'd want to fly with them again trans atlantic.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done shoes. Good result.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    Hi

My flight home to the uk from the States was delayed over four hours due to late incoming aircraft. This should have entitled me to 600euros or whatever compensation.

I filled in the Norwegian air online form. They said 'extraordinary' circumstances, no explanation.

I filled in a couple quick flight delay checker forms with Bott and co or whoever, and they came back as me being entitled.

I wrote a letter to Norway before Christmas, and filled in an online contact form, stating EC261/2004 rules and the fact that late incoming aircraft is not extraordinary circumstances etc and they I'll be taking further action.

No reply to my letter, but again, said

'
    Thank you for your response.

We appreciate that our response may not offer the outcome you were seeking, however we do trust that we have clarified the reason for the outcome of your claim. We certainly hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing to include Norwegian in any future travel plans.
    Norwegian informs that you have the ability to appeal our decision through the national enforcement body of the country where the disruption occurred. Contact information can be found at the following website.... which was ec Europa but I can't post links
    Kind regards,'

I don't fancy handing over my claim, and therefore part of my compensation over to a third party, are there any other options?
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

My flight home to the uk from the States was delayed over four hours due to late incoming aircraft. This should have entitled me to 600euros or whatever compensation.

I filled in the Norwegian air online form. They said 'extraordinary' circumstances, no explanation.

I filled in a couple quick flight delay checker forms with Bott and co or whoever, and they came back as me being entitled.

I wrote a letter to Norway before Christmas, and filled in an online contact form, stating EC261/2004 rules and the fact that late incoming aircraft is not extraordinary circumstances etc and they I'll be taking further action.

No reply to my letter, but again, said

'
    Thank you for your response.

We appreciate that our response may not offer the outcome you were seeking, however we do trust that we have clarified the reason for the outcome of your claim. We certainly hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing to include Norwegian in any future travel plans.
    Norwegian informs that you have the ability to appeal our decision through the national enforcement body of the country where the disruption occurred. Contact information can be found at the following website.... which was ec Europa but I can't post links
    Kind regards,'

I don't fancy handing over my claim, and therefore part of my compensation over to a third party, are there any other options?
    You can appeal to whoever does the Ombudsmanning for Norwegian these days. Incompetance in scheduling airplanes or not hiring replacement planes at short notice, is not extraordinary circumstances.....787s being recalled because of batteries catching fire is.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    The link they gave was ec.europa. so I guess it's them to appeal to.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The link they gave was ec.europa. so I guess it's them to appeal to.

You guess wrong. That's just the website for the European Commission. Read my guide - (almost) all you need to know is there.
  • VHannah
    Options
    Hey sorry - am currently having big problems with Norwegian and 'technical fault later dismissed'. I am unable to open your FAQ and guide - could you help me with that? Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure