Vanquis Balance Transfer - way around it?

Hi there, I have just built up my credit score by using Capital One and Vanquis Credit cards, and just got accepted for a Halifax CC interest free for 17 months on balance transfers. However I have just found out that Vanquis don't accept balance transfers and I can't seem to find a way around this as my new cc can't raise a cheque for it. I don't think it says anything in their terms and conditions about this but I could be wrong. If they don't specify this in their t&c what legal right do they have not to accept a balance transfer or even a credit card payment. Please help I'm paying so much in interest I'm struggling to pay off my debt!! :mad:

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Vanquis can't stop your doing a transfer. They won't let you BT another balance to vanquis but you don't need their permission for what you want to do.
    You simply tell halifax the vanquis account card number and the amount you want to pay (or enter that info on your halifax online banking). And they make the payment to vanquis and it is credited to your account (just the same as when you make a payment to vanquis).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Tixy wrote: »
    Vanquis can't stop your doing a transfer. They won't let you BT another balance to vanquis but you don't need their permission for what you want to do.
    You simply tell halifax the vanquis account card number and the amount you want to pay (or enter that info on your halifax online banking). And they make the payment to vanquis and it is credited to your account (just the same as when you make a payment to vanquis).

Your wrong tixy - Vanquis will not accept the payment from halifax or any other lender.

There is away around this, OP have a quick search.
  • Cash_Flow wrote: »
    Your wrong tixy - Vanquis will not accept the payment from halifax or any other lender.

There is away around this, OP have a quick search.

They will, I had a couple hundred quid on mine, got approved for a Barclaycard Initial a couple of weeks back and transferred the balance to the Barclaycard - no problems whatsoever.
  • Cash_Flow
    Cash_Flow Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    They will, I had a couple hundred quid on mine, got approved for a Barclaycard Initial a couple of weeks back and transferred the balance to the Barclaycard - no problems whatsoever.

There seems to be conflicting reports on here:(
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    They wouldn't allow me to do it when i tried.
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • donnap83 wrote: »
    They wouldn't allow me to do it when i tried.

what do you mean 'wouldn't allow'? Who stopped you and how?

Surely you just give your card details to the new CC and they pay vanquis for you?? How are vanquis going to stop them?

This is quite worrying to me as I just got a 0% card specifically for transferring my vanquis onto!
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Did you try just recently donna? I know a friend of mine did manage to (to natwest if I remember correctly) but its maybe 6months ago now.
    Sounds maybe they've found a way to enforce it.

Ladylord - how much is the balance on your vanquis? Is the halifax 0% just on BTs or on purchases as well?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • As of last week or the week before vanquis will now allow you now to do a balance transfer. I am just in the process of doing one myself to Barclays.
  • alfred64
    alfred64 Posts: 4,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Was it that vanquis were not on the normal system that banks use and balance transfers had to be done manually?
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    alfred64 wrote: »
    Was it that vanquis were not on the normal system that banks use and balance transfers had to be done manually?

Exactly. Third party creditors didn't recognize the Vanquis 16 digit number - they didn't know where to send the payment.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure