Shower regular + Aerating shower head

I've just ordered some free water saving products from my supplier including a ShowerSave shower regulator that is supposed to reduce the flow to 8l/min (down from the standard 15l/min).

Can anyone tell me if it is also worth purchasing an aerating shower head as well, or whether the regulator simply does the same job? Some of the shower heads claim to reduce the flow to as little as 6l/min, so I assume there could be some additional savings to be made.

Thanks,

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can anyone tell me if it is also worth purchasing an aerating shower head as well, or whether the regulator simply does the same job? Some of the shower heads claim to reduce the flow to as little as 6l/min, so I assume there could be some additional savings to be made.

The only person I know who bought one of these ended up throwing it away because the family all ended up taking much longer showers.

They felt the aerated water wasn't rinsing the shampoo and soap away properly.
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My electric shower is about 6 litres a minute, and I find it plenty. I don't have an aerating shower head though (I don't think they work with electric showers anyway?), just a regular one.

Anyway, a flow limiting device would give you an experience similar to an electric shower, which is fine for many people who use them. You can also turn the water off while soaping, and there's no need to use huge amounts of soap or detergent. My relatively short ~5 minute showers, which include turning the shower off for a while in the middle, use very little water or electric.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure