Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    New puppy woohoo!

I will ride DD's horse if I ever get the weight off.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thanks hidden.
    Great to see you back Jodles, I will pop over to your diary soon to catch up.
    SHS a mother/daughter share sounds ideal :)

Last food shop of the month ordered to come today, there won't be much left in the account after that is paid.

Sunday was a long day, with a quick trip to Wales with the big dog. We had family round Sunday night and fortunately, or unfortunately for mse ways, found a Chinese in the next town that delivers to our village.

I'm about a third through the remaining bits to do for the end of year accounts, the accountant will have a job with them this year due to the fact we borrowed a lot for the deposit on this new house. Hopefully he will sort it all out and just tell us what we need to pay where and when. The business account is building back up nicely, so I'm not overly worried. I just need to complete the paperwork asap!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Was big dog competing?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Yes he was SHS, no prizes this time though. Seems like new pupster has a fan club already, everybody is asking when he will be out competing!

I'm still ploughing through the accounts but I did manage to save DD2 £30 per month on her car insurance quote. She's found a replacement car providing the AA check goes ok tomorrow. It was very timely that Martin's email this week mentioned adding another driver onto the insurance, added myself as a named driver and this gives a saving of £30 each month. She reckons this will be about an extra tank of fuel a month for her (her boyfriend has a similar car)! Plus a good excuse to borrow her car now and then when one of ours is in the garage.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    AA check wasn't great on the car today for DD2, so back to the drawing board. I'm glad we paid to get the check done.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ETE sorry to hear about the DD's car troubles - it all just an additional worry when they start driving isn't it ? The worries just change as they get older. A good move getting the AA check done though, you need the reassurance that they have a safe vehicle.

I am very jealous of your puppy, I am desperate for a dog and am working on OH to get one when he retires. What breed did you get ?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I am guessing the same as big dog?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Morning everyone, a lovely long weekend, which I'm very excited about.

Busy Mee I agree about the worry, it doesn't get better as they grow up at all, it just changes into bigger worries!

Yes the puppy is the same as big dog, there are similarities in the breeding lines too.

The first water bill has come through for this house and I'm extremely pleased that it is lower than we were paying at our old house. There are still improvements to be made too as we haven't been using what is in the butts that much.

Right, lots to get done this weekend so I had better move while I have the energy. I'm hoping not to spend too much this weekend. I have some money left over in my account which will either get shuffled into savings/op if it is still there next week. Or it is possible we will start fencing the last side of our field this weekend, which will require a few posts to be purchased and that will gobble that up.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Another day of weekend to go, not sure what we have planned yet for today.

I've very very nearly finished the end of year accounts. That will definitely be completed by today.

We took both dogs up the field to clear and fence a small area that needed to be done for them to be moved into the other side. A couple hours mooching up there and lying in the shade meant they are both worn out (big dog had a walk in the morning too). Horses are now on lots of grass so should be able to hold off buying hay for a few more weeks. Also had enough fencing to complete that little bit without needing to buy more.

We need to load the rubbish to take to the tip, although will probably not actually take it until in the week.

We popped up to the local pub last night for a drink after finishing in the field, mainly as we need to train the pup to be left at home. We are going out in the week for a meal for DD1's birthday so need to check he settled ok. We've already given her money to get her car fixed so just need to get a card.

I forgot to mention DD1 has been wanting a dishwasher ever since she moved out 4.5 years ago. We were all planning to club together for her birthday, but the car needed fixing so that was the end of that. However in our new area local fb selling pages I found one for £25, so checked with her to see if she could spare £25 and she could, so now she has a dishwasher. Now on another local site (Nextdoor) hubby found a free Bosch fridge freezer that might be suitable for her. That was the next thing she was saving up for.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    That's another week gone.

DD2 now has a car so is back on the road again. I'm very proud that she wrote down a budget of what she had coming in and going out to work out what she could afford.

Lovely meal for DD1s birthday at our local, with DD1 and DGS stopping over for the night. Lots of laughter all round.

End of year business accounts completed and handed over to accountants, along with vat return completed.

There were no pennies left at the end of the month as I stocked up on horse bedding last weekend. The farrier came yesterday too. So quite an expensive few days, but all budgeted for.

I want to try and get most of the money shuffling done today, water bill to pay, travel expenses claimed etc along with some odd jobs to catch up with things around the house and field. There is always so much to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure