manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Comments

• Derbz
    Derbz Posts: 10 Forumite
    Also my email sas i have training from a form called babcock.

Reading the thread everyone mentions pera??

Any ideas??:beer:
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Derbz wrote: »
    Hi suicidemachine

Did you start on a 3 month contract
    Then just keep getting it extended.

Can you tell me is the uniform the same as jlr staff and what is the pay rate ive been told £11.99 as a basic day rate. Dont know about shift allowance.

Thanks mate:D

Uniform the same, apart from you won't have your name on it to start with.

If basic is £11.99, 3 shift pay (which is the most common) should be around £14.60.

As for contracts, in the lap of the gods, they won't give you any guarantees.

Some of the first to be taken on, on the 5 year Manpower are getting their JLR contract soon, as a "show of faith" requested by the union.

As for the training provider, up until a few weeks ago it was still Pera, had some lads started in June and they did Pera. don't know if its changed.
  • Derbz
    Hi richardd1970

Thanks for all the info.
    I will just start and keep my head down and see what happens.

Is there alot of overtime available??

Yeah i just found it odd that eceryone on here talks about 2 week pera training.

But my email says one week babcock training then start work the next week??
  • Overtime depends on where you work. Never used to be any OT in my factory but it's on all the time now.
  • Derbz
    Hello again suicidemachine

Ok thats good news then about overtime.

Do you know anything about who does the training now.
    Pera or Babcocks

Anf when you started did you start on a 3month contract or longer then just get kept on longer??
    :cool:
  • I did Pera, never heard of Babcock but could be them.

When i was started i was told 12 months agency and i'll get a JLR contract for 12 months. Complete that and i'll get a permanent JLR contract.

Over 2.5 years later still on Manpower. No mention of a contract. Will be interesting to see what happens if those people who are supposed to be getting contracts get one. I know people who missed the cut off date by 1 week who havent been told anything. I'm not far behind and i ain't heard anything.
  • Derbz
    Thanks for all the help:beer:
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I did Pera, never heard of Babcock but could be them.

When i was started i was told 12 months agency and i'll get a JLR contract for 12 months. Complete that and i'll get a permanent JLR contract.

Over 2.5 years later still on Manpower. No mention of a contract. Will be interesting to see what happens if those people who are supposed to be getting contracts get one. I know people who missed the cut off date by 1 week who havent been told anything. I'm not far behind and i ain't heard anything.

When did you start? That's the path I took, 12 months Manpower, 12 months Temp JLR, full time contract, go 100% pay next month.

The lad I know who is supposed to be getting his contract was one of the first on the new 5 year Manpower terms.
  • Your friend probably started in Jan 2015 then. The person i know started in the first week of '5 year deals' in Jan 2015 and hasn't heard a word. No sick/late days or disciplinary. I was in the 4th week of intakes.
  • Derbz
    Hi all

Has anyone else got a pre-employment session today at 4pm at solihull lode lane???

The email says will be measured for uniform and photo taken for pass.
    Also a top up interview

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family