Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• My advice is not to get involved with this company.

I changed suppliers to 247 home rescue and they were happy to take my payment but did not send me a contract , so I had to chase them and eventually I received an emailed copy, which confirmed the terms, that I had no call out excess on the contract.
    They offered me a free two months roadside assist contact to thank me for my custom which I accepted, only to find out when I logged into my account that I now had a contract for £4.99 per month, which took me half a day to get out of, with them blaming me for arranging it myself through Uswitch, which was untrue.

I then returned from holiday to find water coming through my lounge ceiling from a leak in my upstairs airing cupboard, so I called their number and was kept on the line for over 20 minutes while their agent asked me questions about my heating system, which I had already told them the answers to previously.
    The agent then stated that I would have to pay an additional £75.00 by credit card to get an engineer out and would not accept that I had a contact showing no excess and his reason was that my boiler was old so all call outs would cost an extra £75.00.

I had no option but to pay as the water was damaging my ceiling, so when the engineer came I found out that he was a sub contractor and not a 247 employee, and all he did was try and tighten the joint.

The leak started again so I called 247 and they said they needed another £75.00 by credit card to send the engineer back as they did not believe me it was the same fault.

I refused to pay them any more money and rang them to complain and was told that if I wanted to cancel my £205.00 per annum contract, I would have to pay £144.00 cancellation fee and if I didnt like it,to email their complaints department, which I have done but they have ignored, however 247 have now sent me another offer of 'two free month roadside assist'.

Conclusion, best avoided.
  • THIS COMPANY AWFUL. STAY AWAY AND NEVER GET A CONTRACT WITH THEM.
    Their service agreement is grossly misleading, cannot recommend this company to anyone. This company is an diabolical joke. STAY well clear.

Paid £20.00 for deluxe cover - for our tenants house cover for nearly 8 months.

We had wasps issue, blocked sinks, boiler issues yet with all 3 they still could not send any one out, totally misleading.

We paid this £20.00 premium for over 8 months and have nothing at all from them. what a rip off. do not be scammed by them.
    They sent out somebody to service the boiler, who stated the boiler was fine, yet they wouldn't send an engineer out to fix the issues that we provided, due them saying this was an ongoing issue from six months ago?

if this was an ongoing issue, why didnt the service man pick this up? when claiming to "service" the boiler.

they do anything to avoid sending out an engineer to address any issues

Do NOT waste your time or money.
  • WARNING||| do not go near this company they have your money but will make any excuse not to help , I asked about boiler service told will have to pay then take payment out of monthly payments , Then toilet failed told not an emergency has we have 2 toilets and did not call inside 24 hrs, I am 75 years old thought toilet was ok but got worse , DO NOT GO NEAR YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
  • I wish we could take out a Class Action against them!

Why oh why didn't I read this thread before taking out a contract with them in January?

Not only did they charge me the £75 and then a further £350 - which would guarantee the works for 12 months... when my hot water broke down again 4 months later they charged me a further "refundable if within T&C" £75!

But that's not all...

The 'engineer' told me one thing but they rang me back saying another £50 was required for this "outside of my terms and conditions" repair. Luckily my hot water came back on without further repairs required

Wait for it...

They are refusing to refund my £75 even though no repairs was needed!

FURTHERMORE...

They are refusing to send me written confirmation of their refusal to return my 'refundable' £75...
  • By the way, has anyone had their negative review reposted by TP following their 'investigation' into your proof about 247HomeRescue?

It seems awfully suspicions them receiving advertising money from 247 and allowing them to remove a negative comment within minutes!
  • Don't like their attitude - asked for confirmation of cancellation and refund but they ignored me until I started posting negative stuff on Facebook about them. I think it's horrendous how the TrustPilot reviews are showing up. If you look at their Facebook page most have left 'angry' responses to comments but 24|7 will not allow commenting on their page - you can't even tag them in a post. To get round this you can just post on Facebook a link to their page ...together with a negative review. That's what I did.
  • Oldman
    Oldman Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 September 2017 at 10:55AM
    24/7 Home rescue. As someone said earlier they are cheap for a reason
    DONT use them.
    We decided to use them based on a few reports that seemed to suggest a good solid company. They might be. But our experience yesterday denies this. We started with them in July last year, and asked that they provide a boile/central heating service as our previous service company had been lagging in supplying this, by a year. 24/7 assured us a service would be done in the first 6 months, it wasnt. After that I called several times and finally in April was told that we would have a service on or around our anniversary, so another 12 months would pass. Eventualy I managed to get them to agree a service date of 14 Sept. The engineer did call to say he would be with us at a time, and he was on time. But it went south from there. He managed to tell me in the first half hour that it had taken him over two hours to get to us, 3 times, that he had only started working with them a week ago, as previous employers inclduing Bgas are not to be trusted as their engineers are not safe. I began to get worried. He didnt look at the boler but wanted to look at the outside flue. Which comes from through the pitched roof horizontally. He shook his head and didnt look happy. Then he went to see the boiler, and noticed some stains on the flu, where someone had sprayed a sealant or such. Stains well over 8 years old as they were there when we moved in.
    At thispoint he informed me he was going to cap of my gas as the boiler was possibily dangerous. I said i would not allow this as I am 78 and suffer sever arthritis, and cannot have a cold home. If there is aproblem then it needs fixing not capping off. He replied he was calling Transco and they would cap it. So he did and it was. I then spent 2 hours on various calls to 24/7 listening to their music and confirmaton that I was important. The first call was a 20 minute wait to their call response, This lady said I was through to wrong dept and transferred me to the music. 10 minutes later another lady who said I was in the right dept but wrong action, I needed the Booking office to get an engineer. So ten more minutes of music and an american sounding man assured me he would get an engineer in the next week or so. I asked for today, as Transco had said it was imperative to get an engineer, He said call you back in ten minutes. This was now about 12.45pm. I waited half an hour and called back. More music, more transferring, more promises of call back. It got to 3.pm, and I was getting desperate. So I called again, more music, and eventually spoke to call centre op who assured me that it was being worked on. I could not afford to leave it any longer and told her if they could not get an engineer I would call a private company and charge 24/7 for the call. As I consider they were in breach of contrract. She said they would try to help, and I could not do that. I called Poole Heating, and engineer rearranged his schedule over the phone and was with me in ten minutes. Looked at the reported problems, said the flue was fine, but need an extra clip to support it, the stain was very old and the flue was not distressed. Reinstated the gas, did a full and proper service, and that was it . All done by 4.45 We needed to go out for half an hour, and two minutes before we returned 24.7 left a message. I called back and they still didnt have an engineer but the last person I spoke to just wanted to reassure me she was still trying to resolve things. I told her no problems all done and 24.7 will be receiving the bill. She said passing the complaint to manager.
    Do not use this company. 24/7 homerescue is not 24/7 they do not employ enough staff on phones, they employ engineers who are more interested in telling me how rubbish Bgas, Transco, and Southern engineers are. They might have gas safe certs, but they are rubbish and cut corners. He just cuts off gas.
    Do Not Use Them! This post is nearly 24 hours since my calls to 24/7, and promised call backs. No response has been recieved, and no answer to an email basically reporting the above, and no manager.
  • sarahregan
    sarahregan Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:44PM
    this has to be the worst company of all time, firstly, i arranged a service with them, just before the service was due i got a call asking if i would like to take advantage of the half price flush, at £30 i agreed, the engineer came, looked at the boiler said a nut was weeping so he would nip it up tight for me, then the engineer left, he was here for a total of 15 minutes, 247 rang me to see how the service went i explained that the flush was never carried out and the nut he tightened was leaking, she said she would get back to me regarding these issues, 2 weeks have passed, so i decided to call them, they have said the engineer said he did the flush (absolute rubbish) a bit of a disagreement ensued and i asked to be put through to the manager to which her reply was we close at 6.30 this was at 6.07, was put on hold again until 6.26 then spoke to another customer assistant who then said i would get a refund but in the next breath said if they decide to give you a refund???? i was put on hold again and then disconnected from the conference call?? now the customer service is closed (24/7? hhmmm) i will be calling back again tomorrow and will be contacting watchdog and the ombudsman too, {text removed by MSE Forum Team} firm! this is not the end, believe me, i want my refund, {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • Hope you get some satisfaction!! Foolishly, we took out an agreement for boiler cover only last week via telephone./moneysupermarket.com and after reading all the complaints we have been trying to cancel via the 14 day 'cooling off' period after sending several emails and finally contacting them by phone we were told that they would cancel it and we should cancel direct debit with our bank, which we have. we asked for confirmation of this, but to date, still not receiving anything.We are terrified of them demanding any money from us.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • We were caught out with this company as well. Free call out, labour and parts, glossy website, reliable and professional etc. Sounds great doesn’t it? Until you make a claim. That’s when you find out none of this is true and your so called cover is worthless! This home emergency company will try everything possible not to attend an emergency. if they comes in you have to pay. For example when I called them couple of months back due to a pipe leak in my lounge, they told me they can’t send someone unless I confirm where exactly the leak come from. They also said they will only try to fix the leak if that is easily accessible and never bother to trace the leak. And the way they treated over phone was horrible. Later I checked out the option to terminate my rescue cover with them as I was told I could terminate any time during the contract, however I was told I can’t terminate because of the fact that they have done boiler service for me. Then I understood why they were forcing me to do my boiler service immediately after taking the cover.

Basically they managed to trap me in a contract. They will also make sure by giving you any number of calls to give them a positive review soon after the contract starts. Innocent customers will give a good review without realising the worst experience going to happen in a real emergency. Many of the reviews are nothing but services and how effective the staff were on the phone!!And now I am receiving numerous calls from the company and telling me my boiler service is due and forcing me to do the boiler service immediately. This is another trick by them as my last boiler service was only done by them in December 2016 after my contract started in November 2016. Doing another annual boiler service prematurely now will probably give them advantage to extend my contract for another year. I have also heard that they sometimes send a technician for repairs and will try to charge you ridiculous amount of money albeit it was said free repair in the contract.

I tried to call them to make sure my contract is not renewed but it took 40 minutes to speak cancellation department. Needless to say they just don’t want to hear you and rude as expected. Basically they try everything possible under sun to keep you as their customer and take your money out of your pocket but not happy to deliver good service. There are so many stories in the internet about this company. I wonder how this company is still being allowed to trade and scam people. It’s terrible they have not been stopped. Stay away from this scam company. An absolute rip off!

Or if your prepared to pay for proper cover:- British Gas/Homeserve/AA
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure