Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
  • jamesd
    it does not fit in the...
    One thread per problem model ...
    the other approach is a sub board for the land reg/companies but that just fragments so you end up with stuff in multiple places any....

edit: as post 14 highlights, the other issue will be that many problems although have a LR element the main issues are out of scope for the LRrep and will need referring to somewhere more appropriate.
    Originally posted by getmore4less
    A problem with one thread per question is that it just fragments the Land Registry content among lots of other threads so it's hard to scan it quickly if curious about what sort of questions come up and what the answers are. A single thread is also the ideal way to address the objective explained by Andrea.

I'm sure that Land Registry reps know their areas of competence and will resist straying excessively beyond them, as has been demonstrated in the response to the question which I just asked.
    • joop
    • By joop 14th Aug 17, 12:22 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    joop
    Land Registry Question
    We are in the process of applying for planning permission on my land.

My property is split in two ‘Titles’ one for the garden and one for the property. On downloading the Land Registration papers, the following charges have been brought to my attention. I downloaded these copies in March 2015.

(We have applied for planning before – the previous application went in in 2008 through a Housing Association Company.)

1 Freehold Land (Garden)

Charges Register

(19.02.2003) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 23 January 2003 affecting also title ….. to secure the moneys including the further advances therein mentioned.

(08.06.2003) Proprietor (Santander) of Mortgage Co Services Leicester.

(09.03.2007) UNILATERAL NOTICE affecting also other land in respect of an Agreement dated 2 March 2007 made between 1. (name - architect?) and others and (2) Housing Association Company who was applying for Planning Permission.

(09.03.07) BENEFICIARY: Housing Association Company.

2 Freehold Land (inc House)

Charges register

(12.04.05) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 4 March 2005

(19.12.2007) Proprietor Bank of Scotland plc

My question is, for the charges on the garden title, should any steps be taken to amend the Unilateral Notice and Beneficiary points. These people and the Housing Association Company are nothing to do with the current planning application.

Thank you for any advice available.
  • Land Registry
    joop the Unilateral notice (UN) relates to the 2007 Agreement so is a separate interest. The planning process is not directly linked to the registration process so I can't see why the new application would directly affect the UN

A more pertinent question would be is the 2007 Agreement now defunct in some way and the UN should be removed?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,747Posts Today

10,310Users online

Martin's Twitter