Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    E On rep, can you please tell me what the proposed rate of increase is for E10? Having heard the increases I suspect I'll be off, but it will be good to know what the numbers are before the letter arrives.

It's a shame, E On has been great all the time I've been with them.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    vivatifosi wrote: »
    E On rep, can you please tell me what the proposed rate of increase is for E10? Having heard the increases I suspect I'll be off, but it will be good to know what the numbers are before the letter arrives.

It's a shame, E On has been great all the time I've been with them.

Hello vivatifosi and glad we've looked after you okay.

It depends on what type of Economy 10 meter you have. If it's the older three rate type (usually says peak, off peak and stored heat on bills), you won't be affected by our recent price increase announcement. You'll stay on the same prices as now. These meters also have two Meter Point Administration Numbers (MPANs). These, too, will be on your bills.

If you've a newer two rate Economy 10 meter (peak and off peak) with only the one MPAN, your prices will go up in line with our announcement. The actual prices will depend on the region you're in.

We've started sending letters to those affected by the increase but, if you haven't received this yet, we'll be happy to give you a quote. Just let us know. Contact details are on our website.

Hope this helps vivatifosi. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Thanks Malc, yes it is the old type of meter I have, so thanks for your help. It looks as though I can stay put for the time being, so pleased about that!
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Glad to help vivatifosi. Yes, with an older 3 rate Economy 10 meter, you won't be affected by last week's price announcement.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Have learned so much from Malc over these last few months. Having been on a call to E.On for an hour this evening, it is just a shame all Malc's colleagues aren't as knowledgable.

We have an advantage being on this board but it does beg the question how many other people that aren't on here are getting treated incorrectly?

My v19 finished 27/1. My electric moved away 30/1 and gas 16/2. So far so good.

Iresa have been slow getting the closing readings to e.on - still not done the electric but I did have a gas bill through today from E.On.

As I suspected despite being advised within the transfer window (- 49 day to + 20 days) of the end of v19 I was charged standard energy plan tariff for gas from 27/1 until 16/2.

After speaking to 3 people, the 3rd being the most exasperating, the upshot was that my v19 finished on 27/1 - why would we keep it going after then....

I asked to log a complaint, and was put on hold for 20 minutes, during which my wife held the phone, I had a shower, and started my dinner - at which point I gave up.

Will try again tomorrow - another moral of this stupidly complicated energy switching process - check your bills from E.On when you go. How many people aren't checking and assume it is right.

Will try again tomorrow...
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    jlfan wrote: »
    Have learned so much from Malc over these last few months. Having been on a call to E.On for an hour this evening, it is just a shame all Malc's colleagues aren't as knowledgable.

We have an advantage being on this board but it does beg the question how many other people that aren't on here are getting treated incorrectly?

Iresa have been slow getting the closing readings to e.on - still not done the electric but I did have a gas bill through today from E.On.

As I suspected despite being advised within the transfer window (- 49 day to + 20 days) of the end of v19 I was charged standard energy plan tariff for gas from 27/1 until 16/2.

After speaking to 3 people, the 3rd being the most exasperating, the upshot was that my v19 finished on 27/1 - why would we keep it going after then....

I asked to log a complaint, and was put on hold for 20 minutes, during which my wife held the phone, I had a shower, and started my dinner - at which point I gave up.

Will try again tomorrow - another moral of this stupidly complicated energy switching process - check your bills from E.On when you go. How many people aren't checking and assume it is right.

You are right I didn't check my bill, but have done so now. My bill was correct. EON kept me on the V19 tariff for gas right up to 17 February.
    edited 15 March 2017 at 1:13PM
    jlfan wrote: »

Morning jlfan and thanks for the kind words. They're appreciated. Sorry, though, that you received such poor advice when you phoned and had to wait so long to talk to someone.

From the dates given, you're well within the Price Protection window and, as such, will stay on the cheaper prices up to the supply end date. This is usually done automatically but I suspect the gas leaving quite a time after the electric has caused the issue as it looks like it wasn't picked up this way. Don't worry, all this means is the adjustment needs to be handled manually rather than automatically.

You're right to have opened a complaint. The Complaint Manager will be able to talk to the area looking after manual adjustments so this can be sorted.

Sorry again for the wait and for the exasperation we caused. Let me know what happens with the complaint jlfan. Happy to take a look and see where we're at if you need me to.

Malc
    icharus wrote: »
    You are right I didn't check my bill, but have done so now. My bill was correct. EON kept me on the V19 tariff for gas right up to 17 February.

Glad your switch went okay and price protection was applied as it should've been icharus.

Malc
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    @Malc -re post#907 -don't think he HAS registered a complaint -looks like he got the run around on the phone.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Just noticed the Fixed 1 year and Saver 1 year tariffs have disappeared, only the SVR and 2 year fix available now.

Something new coming or has E.ON just gone off one year fixes for now?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback